Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

A German Shepherd, Doberman and a cat have died.

All three are faced with God who wants to know what they believe in.

The German shepherd says: "I believe in discipline training and loyalty to my master."

"Good," says God. "Then sit down on my right side. Doberman, what do you believe in?"

The Doberman answers: "I believe in the love, care and protection of my master."

Ah," said God. "You may sit to my left."

Then he looks at the cat and asks, "And what do you believe in?"

The cat answers: "I believe you're sitting in my seat."

I once had an old Ford truck that I took in to the shop and they told me it was going to cost more to fix it than it was worth.

All I wanted was an oil change...

AOPA once had a few paragraphs in their email newsletter about phishing and how to protect yourself, among other things, but going directly to company websites rather than clicking embedded links.

Followed immediately by,
Click <link> to update your personal info.

Stupidity abounds.

Stupidity abounds.
Much like our company newsletter that had an article about how to make sure your emails get read instead of deleted. Apparently no one in management read it, because it said, “URGENT! PLEASE READ!” Is not a good subject line.

I think that's a great idea if the link they supplied took the fool to a page which said, "You Fool!! You fell for one of the classic blunders! Never click a link in an email!!"

I think that's a great idea if the link they supplied took the fool to a page which said, "You Fool!! You fell for one of the classic blunders! Never click a link in an email!!"
Our company does do SPAM tests…it might not be so annoying if that was the result.

Mine does as well, and they’re getting harder to spot. It’s a useful exercise.
It might be if my company had any idea what I did for a living, and generated test SPAMs that I might be tempted to open. ;)

It might be if my company had any idea what I did for a living, and generated test SPAMs that I might be tempted to open. ;)
I can pick them out as well, but somehow, about 3% of the recipients click on them where I work. I once got a real one as determined by our IT department- they have a way of checking them if I forward them. The next day I got one from the European Peptide Society that was worded almost exactly the same same as the real phishing expedition!

Last edited:
I once had an old Ford truck that I took in to the shop and they told me it was going to cost more to fix it than it was worth.

All I wanted was an oil change...
Don't make me retell all my Yugo jokes we would share at the salvage yard.

Ok, not all of ‘em. Just two.

Fill the gastank

It was reported that a Yugo was involved in a push by gang shooting

To keep your hands warm when you push it in winter

Fill the gastank

It was reported that a Yugo was involved in a push by gang shooting

To keep your hands warm when you push it in winter
Sounds suspiciously like Citation jokes…
Why do Citations have deice boots on the trailing edges? To get rid of ice accumulation from an overtaking cold front.

What’s the worst part about flying Citations? Having to wear oxygen masks on eastbound flights, because the prevailing winds blow exhaust fumes into the cockpit.

Ok, not all of ‘em. Just two.

We had the disposable car. With five people, four drivers all going in separate directions in a suburban area with crap for mass transit, having a car was critical. If my car stopped working, I had over a two hour bus ride and almost an hour of walking each way. So, having the extra car was a god send when my regular POS broke.

I also managed to get out of two speeding tickets in the Yugo. I contested both, in both cases the judge did not believe the car could go over 90 MPH with only 27 HP. :) In fact, one judge threw out all the tickets the cop gave out until his radar gun was calibrated. That was very fun to watch....

Tim

I tried to test drive a Yugo at a dealer back in the day. We needed a new car for my wife, but couldn't afford any other new car but a Yugo was only $4995. The first thing we noticed was that all these brand new cars were already rusting. Figured we'd drive in anyway just for giggles, and the engine died before we got out of the parking lot and wouldn't restart. The salesman was saying "Wait a minute, we'll get you another one," but we departed amid much laughter.

We ended up as far from as a Yugo as you can get, a 1969 Bonneville convertible, which wasn't a whole lot more reliable but a LOT more fun.

Reminds of an old bumper sticker - "Save the Whales for me. They're my favorite meal".

And then there apis the Reliant Robin

Back