the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

“This connection is not private”
I got that once, then on a subsequent try it worked. Sort of...

ChatGPT is at capacity right now

Get notified when we're back

Write a guided meditation about the status of ChatGPT.

As you read this message, please take a moment to pause and breathe.
Notice the sensations in your body and the rhythm of your breath.
Remind yourself that you are not alone in wanting to try out ChatGPT.
Many others are interested in it as well. Be patient and know that the website
is doing its best to accommodate everyone. Trust that the right time for you to
try ChatGPT will come. In the meantime, continue to
focus on your breath and stay present in the moment.

I got that once, then on a subsequent try it worked. Sort of...

ChatGPT is at capacity right now

Get notified when we're back

I was able to get a free account yesterday. Its pretty amazing! It will wright a thesis for you on just about any subject you want. You can upload an email and tell it to make it sound better and it does. It will even wright code for you in pretty much any language you want. You can copy and paste documents written in almost any language and it will translate it to any other language. I've only messed around with it for a few minuets but wow this would have been great to have when I was in collage.
"make this shound better"

"Yesterday, I stumbled upon a remarkable discovery - a free account that offers exceptional services. This account boasts the ability to write a comprehensive thesis on any subject at your request. Its capabilities extend beyond that as it can also enhance your emails, making them sound more polished. Additionally, it has the power to write code in multiple programming languages, saving you time and effort. In just a few minutes of using this account, I was thoroughly impressed. It would have been a valuable asset during my college years. I can only imagine the endless possibilities this technology offers."

LOL

I was able to get a free account yesterday. Its pretty amazing! It will wright a thesis for you on just about any subject you want. You can upload an email and tell it to make it sound better and it does. It will even wright code for you in pretty much any language you want. You can copy and paste documents written in almost any language and it will translate it to any other language. I've only messed around with it for a few minuets but wow this would have been great to have when I was in collage.
"make this shound better"

"Yesterday, I stumbled upon a remarkable discovery - a free account that offers exceptional services. This account boasts the ability to write a comprehensive thesis on any subject at your request. Its capabilities extend beyond that as it can also enhance your emails, making them sound more polished. Additionally, it has the power to write code in multiple programming languages, saving you time and effort. In just a few minutes of using this account, I was thoroughly impressed. It would have been a valuable asset during my college years. I can only imagine the endless possibilities this technology offers."

LOL
Will it properly spell words? Just asking, you know, for a friend ;)

I’m at a conference and this just happened…

4390C171-59D0-4F3C-807F-02BCF69A76FE.jpeg

So you stole an empty box and now trying to get them to fill it
As an update, I'm getting a replacement box. I'll let you all know if it ends up being filled with anything.

Is Tic Tok short hand for record vertically.??

I think tiktok is shorthand for "anything and everything stupid", so the vertical recording is just par for the course... Almost all the content on there is inane at its best and disgusting/revolting at its worst. There's probably only three accounts worth watching on the whole platform.

I hit all the buttons today! IFR, TS, Turbulence, and Ice. And the Metar at the airport shows VFR.

BE7CE274-8A2D-42DC-B181-B07C87199080.png

Umm... there's no way this is correct, right? I'm demo'ing the ground school offerings on Sporty's.

Untitled.png

Well... getting ready for the Florida trip last night I brought the pup to the hangar. The guy my dad let's keep his corvettes has mousetraps out the wazoo. Including rodenticide. Not my favorite choice having an owl die a few weeks ago from second hand poisoning. Anyway, being a German shorthaired she's a little wound up and when she's bored she chews. Usually on lumber. Ain't. No lumber in the hangar. But apparently the mother ****** left random blocks of rodenticide all over and Zia found two of them. Was chewing on one, had about 1/4 ounce chewed up. Off the the ER vet. Currently on vet trip 4. The guy had left different kinds so we gotta treat for both types of rodenticide. A CNS type with no antidote. And a vitamin d type. I'm hopeful she didn't get enough of it and that we got it in time.

If you got that crap in your hangar, get rid of it!

Well... getting ready for the Florida trip last night I brought the pup to the hangar. The guy my dad let's keep his corvettes has mousetraps out the wazoo. Including rodenticide. Not my favorite choice having an owl die a few weeks ago from second hand poisoning. Anyway, being a German shorthaired she's a little wound up and when she's bored she chews. Usually on lumber. Ain't. No lumber in the hangar. But apparently the mother ****** left random blocks of rodenticide all over and Zia found two of them. Was chewing on one, had about 1/4 ounce chewed up. Off the the ER vet. Currently on vet trip 4. The guy had left different kinds so we gotta treat for both types of rodenticide. A CNS type with no antidote. And a vitamin d type. I'm hopeful she didn't get enough of it and that we got it in time.

If you got that crap in your hangar, get rid of it!
That's a shame. Hope she's okay. Have had to do the turkey baster/hydrogen peroxide routine in the past as well.

I don't like the poison either, not only for the animals, but also because the mice invariably crawl off someplace to die and stink, usually in the thing you're trying to protect.

I don't like the poison either,

https://www.dreamingearth.com/catalog/pc/Mouse-Away-Concentrate-23p356.htm

This stuff won't kill your dog or the kids. Or the mice. Might make the kids sick if they drink it. But the mice hate the smell and drives them away. Also makes the house smell nice as long as you like spearmint and peppermint smells.

This has been a tough winter here, so I have had to double up on the number of stations that I put out. Next spring I'll put out the bait stations outside. The kind to pets and kids can't get into.

images

That's a shame. Hope she's okay. Have had to do the turkey baster/hydrogen peroxide routine in the past as well.

I don't like the poison either, not only for the animals, but also because the mice invariably crawl off someplace to die and stink, usually in the thing you're trying to protect.
Was closer to the ER vet than the house being at the hangar so went straight there.

Had a great horned owl die on the property a couple weeks ago, probably from secondhand poisoning because the rodent doesn't die until a few days later.

I don't use poison for rodents for exactly that reason. Hope the dog makes it through OK. I like bucket traps for mice in garages and cold spaces. Effective and has a multi-trap capability.

Next spring I'll put out the bait stations outside. The kind to pets and kids can't get into.

images

That's where bait stations belong. They should be lockable and designed so that only rodents will enter them. Be aware that black widow spiders and even snakes will sometimes be found inside. BTW ... proper rodenticides are designed to not cause secondary poisoning ...

Valentines day......wind 15G30, temp averaging 32f, visibility variable 1.5 to 5 miles, horizontal snow, DA 6500.....6-9 inches snow forecast for the next few days.

I was making fun of the local air ambulance guys for not flying today. The company has a standing pilots needed sign up all the time. I told them if I start flying here then I will wind up being the only pilot flying.... because everyone else will be fired for not flying.

They thought about it for a second and decided I do not need to apply... :lol::lol::lol:

I got caught behind one of these the other day and thought about what @Ted said about the Alfa Romeo Stelvio on the Nurburgring so I decided to generate a meme.

7bc1ga.jpg

View attachment 115002

I find it hilarious that the Stelvio still has the standard SUV warning label the lawyers make them put in - "may tip over" etc.

One of my favorite past-times while sitting on the couch is busting out Foreflight and watching the traffic flying around. Last night I saw something new in my area... NASA926, a WB57 aircraft, cruising from Houston to Houston, via the creative flight path of all the way north in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (Poor guy flew for over 6 hours and probably didn't even get to log it as XC time!). Plane kept climbing and descending from like 40k to 60k feet

Poked around on the interwebs and turns out there's a whole public writeup about the program, I'd never heard about it and didn't know NASA did that.

Plane...
upload_2023-2-15_22-20-30.png
49893588046_cdbfb1c631_b.jpg

flight path: FlightAwareLink
upload_2023-2-15_22-20-42.png

program where you can track the schedule for this exact plane. Kind of cool.
- https://airbornescience.nasa.gov/aircraft/WB-57_-_JSC
- https://airbornescience.nasa.gov/aircraft_detailed_cal?aircraft_id=19

One of my favorite past-times while sitting on the couch is busting out Foreflight and watching the traffic flying around. Last night I saw something new in my area... NASA926, a WB57 aircraft, cruising from Houston to Houston, via the creative flight path of all the way north in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (Poor guy flew for over 6 hours and probably didn't even get to log it as XC time!). Plane kept climbing and descending from like 40k to 60k feet

Poked around on the interwebs and turns out there's a whole public writeup about the program, I'd never heard about it and didn't know NASA did that.

Plane...
View attachment 115011
49893588046_cdbfb1c631_b.jpg

flight path: FlightAwareLink
View attachment 115012

program where you can track the schedule for this exact plane. Kind of cool.
- https://airbornescience.nasa.gov/aircraft/WB-57_-_JSC
- https://airbornescience.nasa.gov/aircraft_detailed_cal?aircraft_id=19
That's a super cool airplane, and one I wasn't familiar with.

The balloons are probably cheaper to operate though.

I wish Garmin Pilot had that feature.
I wish the features garmin pilot already has, worked. Latest update broke winds aloft on my tablet again, and if I switch to another app, it freezes and I have to manually close it to start it again.

Is it running on an Apple or Android?

Is it running on an Apple or Android?
Android. My 10" Samsung has cell service and I do all my normal tablet stuff as well as my flight planning on it. I bought an iPad mini a year ago to use in flight as GP on android is so unreliable. Never had an issue with it.

I’m starting to back away from Android and go back to Apple and FFlight for everything. Android for me has been less stable, while I’ve never had my IPad crash.

I’m starting to back away from Android and go back to Apple and FFlight for everything. Android for me has been less stable, while I’ve never had my IPad crash.
Just get hot enough to fry an egg on.

Yes. Got to go the extra steps and is a pain to keep I Pads from overheating

That's a super cool airplane, and one I wasn't familiar with.

That airplane is an RB-57F, and I believe that NASA still operates three of 'em. The USAF used them for high altitude monitoring/reconnaissance, to almost, but not quite, U-2 altitudes.

Back