RRRRRRRough River 2023! (2I3 4/21/2023 - 4/23/2023)

4/21 - 4/23

• that is a good weekend for me, I'm in!

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • that is not a good weekend for me or I just hate having fun, I'm out!

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
...Check out that color...
You've got some serious equipment. I don't even know what that is. I brew 15 gallon batches and have been using the same equipment for 20 years.

Looks like there's a golf course there. Anyone bringing sticks and up for an outing?
I'm leaning towards going.

Looks like there's a golf course there. Anyone bringing sticks and up for an outing?

we've tried, or at least talked about it every year but never get enough interest. for me, I'd want to try to get there early on friday and play, because typically saturday is for recovery/flying to lunch (last year was the first year we didn't fly somewhere for lunch on sat). so overall it's a little tight to fit a round in, although not impossible.

I may just throw my sticks in the plane this year and if it happens great, if not no biggie.

I haven't been golfing in a decade. It's like falling off a bike, right?

The ones I purchased dont mind losing... I would feel some kind of way about the ones gifted to me from birth.. :)
I hear you. I'm pretty attached to mine, even though they've only ever caused me trouble.

I'll bring my clubs. But we won't come until Friday so I'm not sure when we'd have time for this.

I suck at golf - but my 5 gallon keg cooler back is designed to look like a golf bag. Just saying...

If you’re talking about Lafayette Green Golf Course it is 3 miles away from the State Park. Maybe you can parachute in.

Cheers

Last edited:
I realize now I was looking at Kentucky Dam SP, not Rough River, KDSP has a course on property. Reviews of Lafayette Green are mixed.

Vacation awarded. Prepare your livers, beeatches!
PracticalConstantIchneumonfly-max-1mb.gif

nice! how u gettin there this time?

Waited too long to get a club plane, so will likely either airline close and drive in, or fly in with someone else if that's an option.

Anyone still looking for a cabin roommate?

Waited too long to get a club plane, so will likely either airline close and drive in, or fly in with someone else if that's an option.

Anyone still looking for a cabin roommate?
If you able to get to RDU, you can always hop on with me or if another destination is easier, let me know.

If you able to get to RDU, you can always hop on with me or if another destination is easier, let me know.

RDU is as easy as anything - if you have a spare seat I'm game!

Back