1st Class EKG Question

F

flyer123guy

1st class medical inquiry, borderline ECG. Pursing 1st class medical. Had ECG done to determine if any issues ahead of time at an urgent care. Test was performed, not interpreted by doctor at this point. No history of heart related issues. 37 year old male, healthy and active. What can be the expected hoops to jump through for following machine generated considerations? Assuming this results in automatic deferral?

"sinus rhythm"
"slight inferior repolarization disturbance, consider ischemia, LV overload or aspecific change"
"small negative T in aVF with negative T in III"
"Borderline ECG"

The AME will interpret the ekg and report it to the FAA where it will be reviewed. The FAA may ask for more testing.

Lead placement or should I say misplacement can cause that kind of reading.

I am curious. When going to urgent care to have "ECG done to determine if any issues ahead of time", don't they have to put a reason (symptoms) why the ECG was ordered? Is that going to pose more problems?

I am curious. When going to urgent care to have "ECG done to determine if any issues ahead of time", don't they have to put a reason (symptoms) why the ECG was ordered? Is that going to pose more problems?
For billing purposes an ICD10 code, diagnosis code, will have to be attached to that ekg. Curious what they would have used. Curiosity is not among the 65,000+ codes.

For billing purposes an ICD10 code, diagnosis code, will have to be attached to that ekg. Curious what they would have used. Curiosity is not among the 65,000+ codes.
It sounds like it was the patient’s curiosity, which is a valid diagnosis as long as the patient is the one paying.

As always: never get a medical test you don’t need.

No diagnosis code. I literally walked into the urgent care walk-in clinic, explained to them I don't have any symptoms but will be having an EKG performed in an upcoming medical certification exam and asked them if they would simply do the EKG without office visit. Paid the 40 dollars for the test and walked out with test print out. If there are any surprises, I don't want to find out at the physical so I figured it was a good to check based on all the horror stories with FAA medical delays etc. If I am going to need tests or statements to bring to my appointment to attest to my health I'd rather gather those ahead of time. Was not expecting to see "borderline ecg" on the print out.

Posted on here to hopefully find out if anyone else has had a "borderline ecg" and if so, what hoops do I have to go through, if any based on this finding? Assuming if it is not perfectly "normal" it is going to potentially cause delays or require additional information?

I get an EKG every year at my annual physical. I know there's an insurance code for well exam because my insurance company pays for it at 100% with no deductible. I don't know whether you can get that at urgent care place or not, but it sounds like the op did the right thing and just paid cash.

No diagnosis code. I literally walked into the urgent care walk-in clinic, explained to them I don't have any symptoms but will be having an EKG performed in an upcoming medical certification exam and asked them if they would simply do the EKG without office visit. Paid the 40 dollars for the test and walked out with test print out. If there are any surprises, I don't want to find out at the physical so I figured it was a good to check based on all the horror stories with FAA medical delays etc. If I am going to need tests or statements to bring to my appointment to attest to my health I'd rather gather those ahead of time. Was not expecting to see "borderline ecg" on the print out.

Posted on here to hopefully find out if anyone else has had a "borderline ecg" and if so, what hoops do I have to go through, if any based on this finding? Assuming if it is not perfectly "normal" it is going to potentially cause delays or require additional information?
When someone at my office has a cpu read “abnormal or borderline ekg” I usually explain to the patient that normal ekgs are like fingerprints. From far away they all look the same but closer up there can be little differences- unfortunately those cpu doing interpretations can really get hung up on the differences.

Interesting. I did not know that I could walk into urgent care and tell them to give me a diagnostic test just because I want it. I wonder if they will do x-rays? I try to get x-rays done every year to monitor a condition, but imaging centers won't do it without a doctor's order, even though I am willing to pay cash.

I’m 58 years old, and doing class 1 since 35.

Always been borderline. Never an issue. The machine interprets anything other than perfect as borderline.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back