the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

Perhaps it's warm in there and they found something to eat ... o_O
It's very much ambient temperature in my hangar, and the only food is the peanut butter baiting the traps. Now nesting material and hidy holes....plenty of those, which is what concerns me. I'd like to think that since my plane flies at least 6X as much as the next most active in the building, they'd choose to live in one of the others. The guy next to me is an A&P/software engineer (you know the type) who has been working on an avionics upgrade as long as I've been there. At the rate he's going he'll have his Tiger back in the air by early 2025 or so.

It's very much ambient temperature in my hangar, and the only food is the peanut butter baiting the traps. Now nesting material and hidy holes....plenty of those, which is what concerns me. I'd like to think that since my plane flies at least 6X as much as the next most active in the building, they'd choose to live in one of the others. The guy next to me is an A&P/software engineer (you know the type) who has been working on an avionics upgrade as long as I've been there. At the rate he's going he'll have his Tiger back in the air by early 2025 or so.

These critters have the same needs/desires as we do. They need food, water, and shelter, and would like to have a mate. Take at least one of those away & you can eliminate the problem. Using traps is a great idea but if there is no other food then they will actually come into the hangar for the bait on the traps. If you have any idea of which way they are coming to enter the hangar then you could use some exterior baiting stations (trying to seal a hangar against mice is an exercise in futility). That may keep them out of the hangar but they will still be attracted to the food.

Tough little rascals to beat ...

Found 4 mice in my traps this afternoon, and it's only been 10 days since I checked them last. That's more than I've killed total in the 2+ years I've had the hangar. Wonder why the sudden increase in activity.

Sounds like you need a couple of airport cats!

FCC84254-B2FD-414F-B997-69F8606FF5FE.jpeg

In other news… I got an email….

At my regular SubWay for lunch today, next to Dobbins AF base, and an F22 is doing touch and goes in the pattern. Cool to watch.

IFR monthly newsletter is now on glossy paper. This is new and different - must be rejected and feared, like GPS navigation, flying with more than one CDI, and the wheel.

Because change has never ever caused any problems

nope

Not once

Central IL was warmer than Dallas today. You don't see that often in the winter.

Didn't that happen last time they had an ice storm down there too?
They have an ice storm every single year. It is traditionally around Valentine's Day. This year was a little early. I still don't understand why they don't invest in a few salt trucks. I guess with work from home now being the norm it doesn't cripple things like it used to back in the 2000s when I lived there.

In Woburn, MA, the teachers are on strike, and out protesting.

Seen on one sign: "we aren't gonna take it anymore"

<sigh>

Last time I had a McDonald's sausage biscuit, they were $1. Now they're $2. You never know you're living in a golden age until it's over.

Was running late to a meeting and the only place I could hit for dinner without being late was Burger King. Holy crap, a whopper large fries and drink was $11.85.

Was running late to a meeting and the only place I could hit for dinner without being late was Burger King. Holy crap, a whopper large fries and drink was $11.85.

who has meetings when they're retired???? c'mon, man!

Thing about inflation and math. Even if the rate cools and goes back to what it was - prices you see now are here to stay.

Lower inflation means prices just don’t keep rising as fast. Yes - I’m blathering the obvious. But most people seem to think “this too will pass”. “These high prices will go away.” They’re not.

I can't feel my face (just got back inside from the outside)

Sailing club board meeting. So a fun meeting. Kinda.
Have we chatted about this? what do you sail??

I can't feel my face (just got back inside from the outside)

Have we chatted about this? what do you sail??

Have a Flying Scot that I bought for a song, and am slowly bringing back into race shape. After such a long layoff, my only goal last year in racing was to not be the last boat. I did finish last one race, but also won one Wednesday night race, so that balances. New goal this year: Finish in the top half of the fleet each race. A new set of North race sails will help with that, the sails that came with the boat were old and baggy. Pics coming in a few...

C4EE3E45-1689-4FF9-86D1-00F12376F85C.jpeg 549FF9C7-A8FA-484F-90D2-A863F1F0EE4B.jpeg F06D23D7-894E-45DA-AC66-FF251155D96E.jpeg 9072287D-D370-40E8-9E9B-BEA66AFC74FB.jpeg

Last edited:
this year's rock n roll HoF nominees, what a bizarre list:

Kate Bush
Sheryl Crow
Missy Elliott
Iron Maiden
Joy Division/New Order
Cyndi Lauper
George Michael
Willie Nelson
Rage Against the Machine
Soundgarden
The Spinners
A Tribe Called Quest
The White Stripes
Warren Zevon

I don't know who kate bush or missy elliott are. willie nelson hasn't already been inducted??? jeez, the dude is like 210 years old, wtf are you waiting for?!?! and the white stripes, I mean, if willie is just now getting inducted, maybe the stripes can wait a few years? crikey. GO MAIDEN!!!

this year's rock n roll HoF nominees, what a bizarre list:

Kate Bush
Sheryl Crow
Missy Elliott
Iron Maiden
Joy Division/New Order
Cyndi Lauper
George Michael
Willie Nelson
Rage Against the Machine
Soundgarden
The Spinners
A Tribe Called Quest
The White Stripes
Warren Zevon

I don't know who kate bush or missy elliott are. willie nelson hasn't already been inducted??? jeez, the dude is like 210 years old, wtf are you waiting for?!?! and the white stripes, I mean, if willie is just now getting inducted, maybe the stripes can wait a few years? crikey. GO MAIDEN!!!
It’s shocking half of these artists aren’t already in it!
Vote for Rage!

As long as they don’t upset the apple cart on my favorite trivia factoid of all time, I guess I won’t get too bent out of shape when Cyndi Lauper and Missy Elliot are inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame before Warren Zevon, Iron Maiden, and Rage Against the Machine. Only one person has been inducted into both the Rock and Roll and Baseball Halls of Fame.

As long as they don’t upset the apple cart on my favorite trivia factoid of all time, I guess I won’t get too bent out of shape when Cyndi Lauper and Missy Elliot are inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame before Warren Zevon, Iron Maiden, and Rage Against the Machine. Only one person has been inducted into both the Rock and Roll and Baseball Halls of Fame.
Well?? who is it?

I flew today!

It was quite the ordeal! I was 1 over 3 in reality.

1) Guy in twin Comanche went radio silent, so no time there…
2) Starter in P32R went kaput
3) finally linked with some instagram royalty and flew a 170 around a bit!

I flew today!

It was quite the ordeal! I was 1 over 3 in reality.

1) Guy in twin Comanche went radio silent, so no time there…
2) Starter in P32R went kaput
3) finally linked with some instagram royalty and flew a 170 around a bit!
Flew for the first time in 2 months! Up to BUU to fuel up the pa32, over to 10C to drop off some logs for my 180. Then topped off the left main to get ready to go to Florida next week for the races. Still getting used to the panel after it's upgrade. Having information is lovely!

You all suck.
Got a text from one of my partners this morning wanting to troubleshoot a jammed cabin heat cable. OK, great. Off to the airport. Pulled the upper and lower cowls (PITA). Must be a bad cable. OK ,no big deal... but what's this? Distorted and cracked joint between the #2 exhaust pipe and muffler? No bueno. Grounded, now we've got another $2K or so in parts alone to fix it.

Did I mention that for every hour I flew last year, I spent about 40 hours working on the stupid thing?

Hope that makes you feel a little better...

Got a text from one of my partners this morning wanting to troubleshoot a jammed cabin heat cable. OK, great. Off to the airport. Pulled the upper and lower cowls (PITA). Must be a bad cable. OK ,no big deal... but what's this? Distorted and cracked joint between the #2 exhaust pipe and muffler? No bueno. Grounded, now we've got another $2K or so in parts alone to fix it.

Did I mention that for every hour I flew last year, I spent about 40 hours working on the stupid thing?

Hope that makes you feel a little better...
I keep telling myself I got 2 really great years out of the thing. Year 3 was......ugh.

Back