Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

I always wondered what happened to chickens who lost their wings to a local restaurant, and it's heart-warming to learn that someone has developed prosthetic arms to replace the missing wings. Is this a great country or what? I hope that there is some equally talented individual working on the age old question of what came first, the chicken or the egg? How about the question of why the chicken crossed the road? I'm sure that there is some highly-connected individual or corporation laboring under a government grant to find the answers to these and many more imponderables.

the age old question of what came first, the chicken or the egg?

The age-old riddle has finally been settled. Eggs are much older than chickens. Dinosaurs laid eggs, the fish that first crawled out of the sea laid eggs, and the weird articulated monsters that swam in the warm shallow seas of the Cambrian Period 500 million years ago also laid eggs.

Chickens as we know them have only been around for around 50,000 years...

I hope that there is some equally talented individual working on the age old question of what came first, the chicken or the egg?
I forget where I saw the joke about that, and I can't find it now.

But there was a drawing of a chicken and an egg in bed together. The egg had a cigarette in it's mouth and the though bubble above it said: "Well, I guess we answered THAT question".

An Aggie decides to raise chickens. So, he goes to the feed store and buys some chicks. He takes the chicks home, and plants them with their heads sticking up. He waters them, but they die. He goes back to the feed store and tells the proprietor that he bought defective chicks, and gets another set. This time he plants them with their heads sticking down. He waters them, but they die. He then sends a letter to his Alma Mater, describing the problem.

They send a letter back asking for a soil sample.

A man was driving along the motorway not far from College Station when he noticed a chicken running alongside his car.

He was amazed to see the chicken keeping up with him, as he was doing 60 mph. He accelerated to 70, and the chicken stayed right next to him. He sped up to 75 mph, but the chicken overtook him.

Then the man noticed that the chicken had three legs. So he followed the chicken, speeding all the way, and ended up at one of the Texas A&M Ag Extension farms.

He got out of his car and saw that all the chickens on the farm had three legs.

When he spotted the farmer he asked him, "Where did you get these chickens?"

The farmer replied "Well, everybody likes chicken legs, so the smart Aggies at the main campus bred a three-legged bird. We’re going to be a millionaires."

The man was impressed and asked him how they tasted.

The farmer said, "Don't know, I haven't caught one yet."

The current crop of chicken humor just proves pilots can be a bunch of comedihens

il_570xN.1004398429_81z1.jpg

A priest, a rabbi, a chicken, a pilot, an auditor, an acrobat, a tatooed lady, a pschiatrist, another chicken, a seal, an aardvark and a partridge walk into a bar ...

A priest, a rabbi, a chicken, a pilot, an auditor, an acrobat, a tatooed lady, a pschiatrist, another chicken, a seal, an aardvark and a partridge walk into a bar ...

“Hey, you can’t come in here without a Thai!”

You ain’t gettin me to fall for that. Seals don’t walk

Last edited:
Not in a good way, but you guys are making me cry. Can you hand me a hen-kerchief?

I always wondered what happened to chickens who lost their wings to a local restaurant, and it's heart-warming to learn that someone has developed prosthetic arms to replace the missing wings. Is this a great country or what?

Now what's needed is for someone to develop prosthetic legs for those unfortnate frogs who have lost theirs to restaurants.

How about the question of why the chicken crossed the road? I'm sure that there is some highly-connected individual or corporation laboring under a government grant to find the answers to these and many more imponderables.

I don't think that question should even be asked, much less answered. Personally, I dream of a more enlightened world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Yes, I do remember seeing that! Didn't recall it as being National Lampoon; I couldn't have even made a guess where I saw it. I think it was a line in the Muppet Movie, too.
Ah yes…. Doc Hopper’s French Fried Frog Legs

8DDD3759-44EF-450B-AA0B-3C1EFDA9FB01.jpeg

(sorta hopping amazed I recalled that name near immediately. been decades since I’ve seen that movie)

“… a bear in his natural habitat…. A Studebaker”
That Studebaker is in the basement of the Studebaker museum in South Bend, IN.

There isn’t much inside, it’s gutted for camera mounts and to give the actors room to work. The driver sat inside the trunk, steering and other driving controls were relocated.

343195FF-F743-486E-A35A-B79C8B3EB7E7.jpeg

Back