Any low time Colorado pilots need work?

The minimum wage on my team is $44K without overtime. No high school diploma required, and no previous experience or skills required. So sad that entry level pilots have to deal with this crap after spending so much on their training.

Probably a good way to build hours on someone else’s dime. With all the trace to destination wonder how much actual flying you are doing a month?

we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.

In the words of Albert Borland ... "I don't think so Tim" :rolleyes:

Hey, it’s one more option for those who don’t want to go the CFI route. And pays better.

WOW, that is low pay.

Especially for what’s being asked. Project manager, logistics coordinator, scientific equipment operator, report writer. Oh, and pilot a G1000 Mooney on extended overwater flights.

In Boulder, where $39k -$48K won’t even cover your rent.

Why do people still live in places like Boulder or California? $39K isn't amazing, but $48K isn't exactly pocket change where I come from.

I live in western Colorado. Wendy's is paying $19/hr with a sign on bonus. Grocery store is paying $20. I was paying subcontract framers $50.

Some aspects of the job imply substantial, non income benefits that reduce living costs. Frequent and sometimes long away from home deployment should include food and housing paid by the company. The fringe benefits are attractive.

The $40 K may be with a 2080 hour assumption, at hourly rates, and the job may actually include premium OT rates that increase the real annual pay. Alternately, if that is an annual salary, you may work less than 2080 hours, and have free time.

For a young single pilot, buying an older recreational trailer with reliable electric heat and A/C, and parking it in a full service spot near the work location, should minimize the housing cost. An older pickup truck with minimal tow rating for local moves of the trailer, plus local transportation, and all set. I have met guys that did that game for banner towing commercial hours.

Flying a Mooney for a real commercial operation would be far better experience than a cub with a banner behind it for the resume. Certainly there are many worse ways to get the hours in your log book.

I live in western Colorado. Wendy's is paying $19/hr with a sign on bonus. Grocery store is paying $20. I was paying subcontract framers $50.
But… 10 years from now the Wendy’s employee will still be making $19 per hour.
(Okay, maybe $22)

Back