I got a NOTAM removed at KADS.

Plano Pilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Plano Pilot
Ever since they started building the new Galaxy FBO there has been one raising the minimums for the ILS to 34 by 220 feet and 3/8 of a mile. Galaxy has been built for a while now. So yesterday I started investigating. I drove around looking for the crane and could not find one. Then I talked to the airport officials, and they told me to call the tower, which I did. Very nice guy said he would check into it. This morning it was removed and later the tower called me thanking me for bringing it to their attention.

I started investigating because I thought we might need the lower minimums for our return trip today, I did not. Bad news is there is another building that is going to be constructed southeast of the airport, so another NOTAM will be issued soon but I do not know when or how much it will affect us.

Original NOTAM that kept refreshing:
KADS 2/1233 ADS IAP ADDISON, DALLAS, TX. ILS OR LOC RWY 34, AMDT 3C... S-ILS 34 DA 1115/HAT 470 ALL CATS. VIS 1 3/8 ALL CATS. TEMPORARY CRANE, 820 MSL, 716 FT NE OF APCH END RWY 34 (2020-ASW-1820-NRA). 2212071629-2307191629

Last edited:
Now get them to waive the landing fees. What's it cost? like $75 to land there now?

There are no "landing fees" at ADS. FBO's do charge fees, I have no idea what they are.

Keep at it! 1 NOTAM down, 99999 to go.

Back