Bahamas Fly-Out Roll Call

Which island do you prefer? Which Dates?

• Andros

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abacos

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Exumas

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • North Eleuthera

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Cat Island

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 3/11-3/18, or any dates between

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other destinations/dates… comment in thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Might be on an air mattress, or a couch, but we could probably fit you in our place if you’re interested. Not sure if Andy’s has an extra bed or not
I’m in a 2 guest 1 bedroom place 3/11-3/16. @eman1200 I’m calling big spoon.

I’m in a 2 guest 1 bedroom place 3/11-3/16. @eman1200 I’m calling big spoon.
dog-what.gif

now that we know it's possible for us to get pregnant, we should be careful.......
Agree. On a more serious note, on a scale from Mooney M10 to Tarbes built-Mooney, how likely is it that you will attend?

hey I was just using kaisers scale!

I will start looking into it tho
You are welcome to stay with me and we’ll figure out how to get you sleeping space.

You are welcome to stay with me and we’ll figure out how to get you sleeping space.

cool beans. u have a link to the place u can PM me? wonder if there's room in the backyard for theisen.....

LOL I just watched that last night. I mean, for like the billionth time.
On the way back…

Me: “It's 1060 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.”

@eman1200: “Hit it.”

dates: 3/11 - 3/18
place: exumas bahamas

thats about it…. depending on your dates, i have a 2nd bedroom in a condo, but i am only there 3/15-3/19. if interested, PM me.

Still interested. Can someone give me the cliff notes? At the moment, I don't have time to read through 200 posts...
3/11-3/18, depart from FPR, we all have houses pretty close to MYEF. Planning on island hopping around, grilling out, beaching, etc

My flying skills are not up for a trip like this. Would love to attend and am willing to drive from my CLT location, but I don't want to inconvenience anyone.

My club has 1 172. We used to have 2. One was totalled shortly after a flight I made to RDU. I've lined up two partners to buy a 182 in the fall. Who knows if it will work out.

Who all is coming through that way that could give @Mahneuvers a ride?? I think I have multiple seats promised already?

Howdy folks. I just signed up for the necessary paperwork to tag along on this voyage.
Curious what route people are taking? I'd need to hop over islands to make it a little safer... You know, single engine and all ;)

Howdy folks. I just signed up for the necessary paperwork to tag along on this voyage.
Curious what route people are taking? I'd need to hop over islands to make it a little safer... You know, single engine and all ;)
I’m probably KDPA-KAAS-KAYS-KFPR-MYEF, unless I’m picking up pax. I might do …KFPR-MYAN-MYEF, as I heard it’s easier not having to clear in MYEF sometimes.

I’m probably KDPA-KAAS-KAYS-KFPR-MYEF, unless I’m picking up pax. I might do …KFPR-MYAN-MYEF, as I heard it’s easier not having to clear in MYEF sometimes.
Similar for me..
KRDU-KOBE(fuel up mains and tips)
KOBE-PBI-BR54V-ZQA-MYEF
thought about clearing in bahamas at freeport.. but we will see..
Filing IFR

Similar for me..
KOBE-PBI-BR54V-ZQA-MYEF
Filing IFR

I was gonna ask if you're ok with being that far out over water from RDU to OBE, then, you know, I remembered the whole bahamas thing.........

Similar for me..
KOBE-PBI-BR54V-ZQA-MYEF
Filing IFR
I’m DVFR outbound and IFR back. Read somewhere that works pretty well. I also heard FPR is one of the best places to clear on the US side.

I was gonna ask if you're ok with being that far out over water from RDU to OBE, then, you know, I remembered the whole bahamas thing.........
hehe..

well the actual flight would be
KRDU GMINI SHEBA SAV SIROC T208 FOXAM T347 BAIRN KOBE
i am sure there will be at least one reroute once in JAX and/or MIA airspace.

I’m DVFR outbound and IFR back. Read somewhere that works pretty well. I also heard FPR is one of the best places to clear on the US side.
IFR both direction for me, will probably cancel IFR once in bahamas airpsace outbound. Most likely PBI on the way back as i plan to visit some friends in Boynton beach..

Get prepared for some awesome views while flying to / from the Bahamas. Strong cross winds can be a challenge though.

On our way to Long Island last year we heard several planes on the radio who couldn’t get down to Marsh Harbor) due to super low ceiling’s. While the flight this time was manly IFR until shortly before Long Island, the return flight offered some spectacular views… I am sure you‘ll love it!

Just North of Cape Eleuthera

79092791-2EFB-42EB-AC6B-9BF8D1B91476.jpeg

Looking towards Nassau on the horizon:

1BC2F915-B747-4B52-BC94-6C11BF3972E8.jpeg

We always come back to the US through FPR. Always had good experiences with customs and getting fuel while clearing customs (with this year being the exception as the fuel guys seemed to be overwhelmed and we got our fuel at the self service pump).

Back