Smoketown Saturday?

GeorgeC

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
GeorgeC
My plane's annual is done; anyone going from KFME or thereabouts to S37 on Saturday afternoon?

My plane's annual is done; anyone going from KFME or thereabouts to S37 on Saturday afternoon?
It would have been nice, but I’m in annual now. Besides your company, what’s in Smoketown?

Joni's 340 Diner (née Smoketown Diner) closed, but Capricio's has good pizza. I haven't yet tried the 50s diner down the street.

Also, it turns out there are local leather crafters (Domaki, Forest Hill), and I need some new belts...

Nice tip. While I have flown to KLNS several times for the terminal restaurant, the leather goods angle is a nice way to get the wife in the plane on a shopping trip.:)

KFME? I was a long-time member of the aeroclub there. Instrument done in a T-41.

If nothing works out flying, George, give me a call tonight, I can drive.

Geezer

If nothing works out flying, George, give me a call tonight, I can drive.

Geezer
Thanks for the offer, @geezer. I was holding out hope until this morning, but I ended up driving. I ended up with a good story, though.

I figured I'd load up the plane and then get lunch, but the logs weren't in the plane. No big deal, I have to come back to get my car anyway, I'll just get them then. So I drove to https://www.djstasteofthe50s.com/ and ordered a tuna on rye. I then wondered, what if the keys aren't in the plane, either? I decided to enjoy my lunch and worry about that later.

A guy walks up to the counter and orders a milkshake for his son. He notices that I'm looking at ForeFlight on my phone, so we start talking about airplanes. Long story short, it turns out he's friends with one of the mechanics. One phonecall later and he arranged to retrieve my keys and logs for me.

By the time I departed at 2pm, the winds had mostly died down. It was still a little scuddy with 3500' ceilings but otherwise a smooth and uneventful flight home.

GeorgeC,
and the kindness of strangers

Attachments

• skewt.jpg
    skewt.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 3
Good things happen at the most surprising times. Si8milar has happened many times at widely separated airports and times.

You do not carry a spare key? Need to add that trivial weight to the load, as you never know when the main key will find an inaccessible, or unknown hiding place. Only happened to me once.....

Back