Pik n Pig - a Good Sign

Is that the airport restaurant that was destroyed by a fire a while ago, or am I confusing things?

- Martin

I was told yesterday that food deliveries were being received and the opening was to be in a couple more weeks...early February. I hope what I heard was correct.

When is our flyin to welcome them back?

I was at BQ1 yesterday to visit Jeff at the avionics shop. He told me February 18 was the official opening date, but he knew they had been doing practice runs, so to speak. I saw one Bonanza in front of the restaurant and a couple cars and trucks..time was around 1:30 PM. I did not walk over to the restaurant and confirm.

They are open Thursday-Sunday 11 to 4. Get there early if it’s a nice day. 2 hour waits last Saturday!

They are open Thursday-Sunday 11 to 4. Get there early if it’s a nice day. 2 hour waits last Saturday!

"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

Midlifeflyer, I understand. This was my first visit back since the rebuild . FYI, try to get a table outside if you can...it is VERY noisy inside the new building.

I have family in Chapel Hill. My uncle used to be the head track coach at UNC.

FYI the slackers at the pig are closing shop from july 1st - 12th, reopen on the 13th. sheesh.

I guess eman1200 and I will have to go to Simply Suzannes at KMTV during the first half of July :).

I really really need to get a plane so I can do fun stuff like this. Getting/using the rentals at the flights school now that I have a ppl is just onerous. Can't book a big enough time/slots (and last minute decisions are a no go) to actually go do anything. Gonna talk to someone about part of a sundowner this weekend ... someone say a prayer ... daddy neeeeeeeeeeds a plane bad lol

I really really need to get a plane so I can do fun stuff like this. Getting/using the rentals at the flights school now that I have a ppl is just onerous. Can't book a big enough time/slots (and last minute decisions are a no go) to actually go do anything. Gonna talk to someone about part of a sundowner this weekend ... someone say a prayer ... daddy neeeeeeeeeeds a plane bad lol

aren't you in the wilksboro area? bq1 (and mtv) are very close by.......

aren't you in the wilksboro area? bq1 (and mtv) are very close by.......

I live in Pilot Mountain, it's 1 mile from my house :D

KINT KMWK and KZEF are most convenient to me with KMWK being about 10 min from the house. I fly out of Smith Reynolds since that's the only game in town, I haven't been able to find a rental/club situation yet. I just keep flying the schools 172's to have fun and stay current and proficient for now. We can only rent/reserve in block times (they charge hobbs but schedule in blocks) and obviously they are busy with students on a commercial track so its really difficult to schedule and they don't really allow last minute reservations, they need to be at least 24+ hours out. Also, they are raising their prices again next week as well as the rental insurance requirements etc... soooo I'm going to talk to someone offering a 5th of a sundowner and see if its a good fit for me. From what I've read its a good first plane and a partnership or equity club is a good way to start out as well. Just need to see if the arrangement works for me and the aircraft is what it seems to be, oh and talk the wife into letting me spend the coin lol.

I have flown into KMTV multiple times as part of my cross countries when I was working on my private but I haven't been anywhere for just fun or lunch etc.

Back