First class medical concern

A

Anonymous1

I have somewhat of a unique situation I’ve been researching but can’t quite find the answer to. First off, I’ve been able to get a first class medical a few times in the past. Most recent being in 2021. I decided that I want to pursue a career in aviation. I already have my commercial SEL and am IFR rated. However, shortly after my last medical I was under a lot of stress from a non-aviation related job I held and took a paid leave of absence due to stress and unhappiness I felt in the line of work.

That was all over a year ago and since, I have found new employment and am much happier with where I am in my life. My question is this, what problems or trouble (if any), would I have in applying for a new first class medical in regards to this situation? Would I need to seek out a HIMS AME for my appointment?

Thanks in advance

What documentation exists about your leave of absence and what will it say? OKC only likes happy people......

What documentation exists about your leave of absence and what will it say? OKC only likes happy people......
The dr I met with simply provided me with a note recommending that I be excused from work the weeks I was off. I wasn’t required to present further documentation of anything to my employer at the time.

If you never saw a doctor or took medication, it's a non-issue.

Q: was this a short term disability claim?
Yes, the dr I spoke with submitted paperwork for me to be paid under terms of a short term disability leave for the state of CA. But I never required any medication or received a specific diagnosis of anything that I can present paperwork for.

Yes, the dr I spoke with submitted paperwork for me to be paid under terms of a short term disability leave for the state of CA. But I never required any medication or received a specific diagnosis of anything that I can present paperwork for.

Do you have a copy of that paperwork? I can't imagine how an underwriter pays for a disability without a diagnosis, particularly with a doctor involved. I can understand an employer excusing someone from work with a doctor's note, but I think that's a lot different that being paid under terms of a disability policy. I'm just assuming that you saw a doctor in this process (you said he submitted the paperwork), and that would need to be reported on your next medical application anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back