Career Path Help Needed

Dani ragazza

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Ragazza95
Hi all
I’m a working CFII about 6 months out from 1500 hours. custody situation will have me moving to NY. I am starting to apply to NYC based regionals.
Hearing how class dates are being pushed back is getting me thinking about where else other than the regionals should I be setting my sights on.
I’ll be near LAG JFK ISP FRG.
Any specific charter cargo or corp companies that hire greens like me? I can’t see instructing past ATP.

You could look at Fractionals such as Planes Sense, which has a White Plains base, and require 750 hours but is currently hiring those with about 1000 hours. Speaking of bases just because a Regional has a NYC base there is no guarantee that you will get it right away. although with NYC it is highly likely that you will get NYC immediately. At Fractionals you will get your base immediately as they are not assigned by seniority.

Last edited:
No idea if they are hiring, but Richmor in this area used to do charter and training. Working out of Schenectady and Columbia County airports. Quite a drive from NYC, but housing up this way is considerably less expensive than NYC area.

Back