Williston Fly-in(X60) anyone going?

francisco collazos

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
ciscovet
Just wondering if any Florida locals are going this weekend? Should be beautiful weather and this will be my first fly-in as a newly minted pilot.

What’s going on times and dates. I’m in Florida might be interested.

Tomorrow, starting at around 11:30, I think

Here's the information

Attachments

• 974016482385742472.jpg
    974016482385742472.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 39
I wish I knew earlier. I'm flying the long cross-country for the commercial tomorrow and maybe I can work Williston in on my way back. Every once in a while I like to fly in and eat at the piperkub Cafe. (Not sure about the spelling)

I’m planning to be there. Hope it’s a bit calmer tomorrow; things were pretty bumpy and gusty this morning.

I’m planning to be there. Hope it’s a bit calmer tomorrow; things were pretty bumpy and gusty this morning.
winds should be better tomorrow... the 180 that I was planning on flying is in its100hr so I will be tagging along in my buddy's 150. Kind of sucks because i've had a ppl now for a month and have yet been able to use it..

Excellent bbq at Williston today! Tender, moist, great flavor, and a big plateful of it. Beats a $100 hamburger any day.

Lots of planes, too. I arrived about 10:30 and was able to park on the ramp, but before long planes were parking all the way down the main taxiway. The place was packed. Met up with a half dozen fellow members of the Beech Aero Club, including POAer @Larry Wilkinson . Also connected with some friends from KGIF that I hadn't seen for a while. Many good folks and a great time.

The morning flight from Winter Haven was smooth and pleasant. Scattered clouds at 4000' meant I would have needed to climb to 6500' (VFR) to go over them, and that didn't make much sense for a 45 minute flight, so I stayed down at 2500'. That turned out to be a good decision, though, as it made for nice sightseeing. Had a bit of a tailwind and my little Mouse was doing 130 knots over the ground.

I thought getting out would be difficult, but it proved otherwise. A long line of planes taxiing to runway 5, but only a couple of waits for landing aircraft so the line went quickly. The day had heated up, though, so the flight back to KGIF was a bit bumpy.

So who else was there?

You probably should have married better.

(But I'm glad you didn't! :) )

I already married way up! I am so freaking glad I recognized how awesome @2-Bit Speed is, despite him not coming with a plane. ;) I would have been delusional to have held out for some supposed better. A couple can build wealth. Character and all the good stuff that goes with that is a lot harder to create after the fact and a lot harder to live without. There are some things worth more than money, even if the money could buy a plane! :)

I really want to go to the next one.

Well I was there but unfortunately showed up at 1:45 and turned out to be the last two for the BBQ. I guess next year I will get there before 11 since it's a cool 30 min flight from BKV. Did get two super sweet T-shirts from X60 though.

Sounds like great fun. I am AOG until next spring (best case), but hopefully will get up there for a future one.

Back