Instrument written Sheppard Air

King IFR ground school.
After completing the King course then Sheppard Air IFR Test Prep.

I’ll update for anyone who might be interested, but I will say the Sheppard Air program works! The questions on the actual test were basically the exact same. There were one or two questions I had never seen and a couple with slightly different wording but nothing major. Even though it’s basically memorization, I did learn a good bit from just going through all of the questions and reading the explanations. Don’t use Sporty’s or King, in my experience, Gleim and Sheppard have resulted in good scores.

I got my test endorsement doing fly8MA (I think that was the one).
Then I did Sheppard. Sure, I understand the critique of the system but it worked. I also really drilled down on questions and subject areas I did not understand and thus learned material.

Gold Seal then Sheppard for about 2 weeks pre-test. In and out in about 50 minutes, scored 97%. Any good ground school to learn the material and Sheppard to learn which 'incorrect' answer to choose to be scored correct....seriously. I took the test earlier in the summer before the changes were to occur. I don't know how much the test was changed and if Sheppard has been effective in keeping up with any new questions.

King for the ground school, Shepard to review and get the latest answers

I used Sheppard air for the written, scored 100% and I'm not smart...at all. It works! Worth noting, you'll need something else to supplement for practical application. I used Gleim. With that said, the Sheppard system offers explanations to each question, which involves a deeper dive than just rote memorization. That helped me out quite a bit.

Back