Boca-ish Airport Recommendation

kyleb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Drake the Outlaw
In the not too distant future, I may head down to Boca Raton to visit a couple of buddies. Looking at AirNav, it appears one FBO at Boca is run by Signature, with corresponding FU fuel prices. Atlantic is the other FBO and appears similarly minded. Lauderdale Exec is same song, different verse.

Is Pompano Beach with Sheltair a better option? Looks like their fuel is $2/gallon less (self serve). Any reason not to go there instead of Boca?

I’ve had good luck at pompano in the past ,nice FBO with friendly staff and good service.

unless you are burning jet a boca wants nothing to do with you. they wanted a 80 dollar ramp fee just for me to pull in and pick my son up at FAU.

Simplify your life and go to Pompano. Not the least expensive fuel but friendly fbo and all the maint resources for unexpected-necessary repairs.

If I'm going to Boca, I land at Boca. The convenience factor is worth a few bucks.

Tell Wayne we said hi!

That trip was a couple of weeks ago. Right now I’m n Daytona withWayne and Steve watching the Rolex 24. You can see yesterday’s flight down from Atlanta if you use flightaware and search n46bx.

Maybe call em up and see if you can bargain a deal?

Back