TBM 700 or 850 Pilot Position Open in Spear Fish, South Dakota

Hank Gibson

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Hank G.
Looking for a pilot to fly a not yet purchased TBM 850. Owner wants to secure a pilot prior to purchasing airplane. 1500 TT preferred (no less than 1200 TT), 200 hours complex, some pressurized and turbine experience preferred, but not necessary. Owner will pay for training. $85,000/year salary. Other flying opportunities in Spear Fish as well.

Contact Hank Gibson: Hank@TxTopAviation.com

Pretty good pheasant hunting too...

What are the insurance requirements to be PIC of a single pilot cert single engine T-prop?

Too bad that not down my way.

Spearfish is awesome. Had a "follow me" golf cart the instant I pulled off the runway. Pointed me to a spot I could spin around into with no need to push back. Had me tied down before I climbed out. Before I could call home he had us a cab, hotel and recommended a place to eat that was within walking distance of the hotel.
IMG_20170901_190953-01.jpg

Plenty of owner-flown TBMs though. They don’t all start out as 747 captains with 5000 hrs….
True but the insurance equation is very different if you own the aircraft verses being hired to fly an aircraft. I have been insured in aircraft that I owned and could not touch if someone else hired me to fly them due to low time in the category/class. Getting a 1200 hour no turbine time hired pilot insured in a TBM would really surprise me.

True but the insurance equation is very different if you own the aircraft verses being hired to fly an aircraft. I have been insured in aircraft that I owned and could not touch if someone else hired me to fly them due to low time in the category/class. Getting a 1200 hour no turbine time hired pilot insured in a TBM would really surprise me.

I’m kind of surprised at that, actually. I was under the impression that insurers looked at “owner pilots ” more skeptically than “pro pilots”.

I’m kind of surprised at that, actually. I was under the impression that insurers looked at “owner pilots ” more skeptically than “pro pilots”.
I don’t claim to understand their voodoo math on risk. Just sharing the anecdotal evidence that was the basis of my statement.

We were able to get a 1800 hour pilot insured as PIC in a Lear 45. About 300 ME TPIC and about 400 hrs SIC in type.

Insurance companies are weird.

Back