Best Hangar Air compressor for maintenance tasks?

This says it's a trim air compressor. Does this not mean this one is supposed to be used in-line with a bigger tank to supplement it? Does it still work OK as a standalone compressor?

Also, I think I have plenty of power at my hangar; it even has a 220V plug and it's own breaker box, about 6 other regular outlets, etc.
It is meant to be used as a standalone compressor. It's for running trim nailers and brad/staple guns on the job site when you need easy portability.

It is meant to be used as a standalone compressor. It's for running trim nailers and brad/staple guns on the job site when you need easy portability.

Thanks, I went ahead and ordered one of those from Lowes.

Thanks, I went ahead and ordered one of those from Lowes.

I believe you will be happy with it. Very portable, much higher cfm's than similarly sized portable units, reliable, a good choice...

I wish there was one that did the blow down based on compressor run time. My big compressor in my garage runs seldom. So I would be mainly pumping it up from the blow down.
Easy! Wire the blow down valve to the compressor power leads, *after* the pressure switch. Then it will blow down when the compressor starts, and every 20 minutes (or whatever interval you select) after that of continuous compressor operation. Probably just once at each compressor start would be adequate...

For years I ran with a little Sanborn in the hangar. I still have it. I now have a larger Campbell Hausfield from Tractor Supply. It's been chugging away in my hangar making the air smaller for over a decade.

Back