Garmin G3X Touch geeks and nerds?

Farmboy

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Farmboy
Anyone got a way with their G3X Touch? :)

On the older non-touch Garmin units you could change the splash screen with a custom image of your choosing :
34.8 GDU Splash Screen

Users can create a custom splash screen (displayed during power up) by storing a bitmap file on the root directory of the SD card which is inserted into the SD card slot. This function is not available on a single display system. File details are as follows:

• File must be named logo.bmp
  • Must be uncompressed Windows bitmap, 8 bpp or 24 bpp with no alpha mask
  • Max size 480 x 480 pixels
  • Store file on root directory of an SD card, inserted in the MFD before power on

Has anyone played around with finding a way to change the splash screen on a G3X Touch? Would really like to have a custom or changeable image/text there, but the official Garmin response is... not at this time...

Thanks,
pb

Same question here.

I did notice that section 35.4.15 of the install manual has an image that shows 'Add Startup Images from SD Card', but it's greyed out. I'm going to do some testing and I'll let you know what I find.

now this is my kinda thread. having pretty cool technology that does some advanced functions in a sweet looking touchscreen unit, I also would want to know how to get boobs.bmp to be my splash screen.

hey, I didn't name it a splash screen!

now this is my kinda thread. having pretty cool technology that does some advanced functions in a sweet looking touchscreen unit, I also would want to know how to get boobs.bmp to be my splash screen.l

hey, I didn't name it a splash screen!

You’re already a boob. Why do you need a selfie on the splash screen?

Same question here.

I did notice that section 35.4.15 of the install manual has an image that shows 'Add Startup Images from SD Card', but it's greyed out. I'm going to do some testing and I'll let you know what I find.

Maybe not supported by certified version?

Back