crap, I’ve really pizzed off atc

Oh man, this is spot on!
I’m not an ATC person nor a professional aviator, but I feel EXACTLY like this every single day at my job!:mad2:

I’ve thought it, never actually said it. Every word
You’re going to retire eventually. There will be that last day. That last transmission. With a little luck there will be C130’s. Let ‘er rip.

LOL! This is awesome.

I was flying with a friend the other day in B airspace and the tower called him, but he didn't hear them. I wasn't flying, so I wasn't paying attention and didn't hear them either. Eventually the tower got his attention and told "Pay attention. In fact, try paying really close attention to what I'm saying. I need you to go max speed now.... and... turn left 360 now." I told him to ask why we had to go max speed if he was going to spin us. He thought about it and decided I might be giving him bad advice!!

What is this style of animation called? Or how do people make it? I saw another one compared high wing / low wing, and everything in between but can never find them again

found it, xtranormal

Yep xtranormal. There's some funny pilot theme videos and some that seem like a transcribed therapy session!

^cool Socata panel by the way, you don't see too many of the Trinidad / Tobago out there

My dad used to think that
a. He wasn’t deaf,
b. The jet we were flying wasn’t noisy, and
c. Headsets were uncomfortable, so the speaker worked just fine.

He had that whole “read back clearance and the call sign” conversation a few times before I finally keyed the mic and read back what they needed.

Need NSFW Tag! (Note to self: in future check that office desk speaker phone isn't the audio selected).

My dad used to think that
a. He wasn’t deaf,
b. The jet we were flying wasn’t noisy, and
c. Headsets were uncomfortable, so the speaker worked just fine.

He had that whole “read back clearance and the call sign” conversation a few times before I finally keyed the mic and read back what they needed.
You must be my brother as it seems we had the same dad

It goes like that with trainees too only I get to actually say it. For example yesterday we had a student pilot take off ahead of his IP who aborted for smoke in the cockpit. A-10 single seat. The student went to hold while we got another IP who was in arming to go chase the student down.

We needed to know the inter flight frequency of the student so the rescue IP could talk to him. From my sup desk I told the trainee to ask the student for his inter flight frequency. The trainee asked for the FM frequency. The student came back with “you want my FM frequency or my inter flight frequency?” The trainee says “affirmative.”

I told the trainee’s monitor to take over. I told the trainee to unplug, go downstairs and choke himself.

It goes like that with trainees too only I get to actually say it. For example yesterday we had a student pilot take off ahead of his IP who aborted for smoke in the cockpit. A-10 single seat. The student went to hold while we got another IP who was in arming to go chase the student down.

We needed to know the inter flight frequency of the student so the rescue IP could talk to him. From my sup desk I told the trainee to ask the student for his inter flight frequency. The trainee asked for the FM frequency. The student came back with “you want my FM frequency or my inter flight frequency?” The trainee says “affirmative.”

I told the trainee’s monitor to take over. I told the trainee to unplug, go downstairs and choke himself.

We used to use FM for internal but I imagine A-10s use UHF internal and FM for air to ground.

They use VHF or FM for inter flight and UHF air to ground
Interesting--same as 50+ years ago in the Army. Some things don't change. FM for ground tactical units as needed.

Interesting--same as 50+ years ago in the Army. Some things don't change. FM for ground tactical units as needed.

Yeah I should’ve clarified, FM air ground tactical. UHF or VHF air to ground ATC. UHF Have Quick sometimes for internal if we could get the darn thing to work.

I just wanted him out of my sight
I wish I could do something like that with training clients when they get a “terrain, terrain, pull up, pull up” warning, and their response is, “cancel that.”:rolleyes:

Yeah I should’ve clarified, FM air ground tactical. UHF or VHF air to ground ATC. UHF Have Quick sometimes for internal if we could get the darn thing to work.
Something always doesn't work. Back in the day either the VHF didn't work all the time or it wasn't installed, probably because maintenance got tired of the write-ups. We also had something call the KY-28 [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NESTOR_(encryption)] which only worked for me once in a 12 month Vietnam tour. I was flying a C&C mission one day hauling a brigade commander who used the KY-28 to chew out his company commanders by name while in orbit overhead during a firefight. How that helped, I don't know. Shot at on the ground, shat at from the air.

They use VHF or FM for inter flight and UHF air to ground
Trivia question with apologies for thread hijack: are there any ATC facilities that don't have UHF?

Military? I doubt it. Civilian? A lot.
Hey man, looking at Airnav it shows you all have a PAR there? Doesn’t show up in the FLIP under radar mins though.

Hey man, looking at Airnav it shows you all have a PAR there? Doesn’t show up in the FLIP under radar mins though.
We haven’t had a PAR here in at least 9 years.

And good riddance too. It was broken more than it worked and at the end, we just couldn’t find parts for it.

We haven’t had a PAR here in at least 9 years.

And good riddance too. It was broken more than it worked and at the end, we just couldn’t find parts for it.

Ok, it’s states VFR daylight hours only. Figured there were issues with it.

Back