Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

They're counting the bogus radiator up front and the air cooled engine in the back as two things. I saw that as one thing and was looking for something else also. There is something kinda funny looking on the rear bumper.
I look at it like this: The picture shows steam coming out of the front, so the picture has one thing wrong with it. There are two things wrong with steam coming out of the front, location of the engine, and air-cooling of the engine.

Or a bad blinker fluid pump seal.
Could be.

Those Beetles had the spare tire in the front. A hose attached to the valve stem and air pressure from the tire pressurized the windshield washer fluid tank. The only thing the washer lever did was open a valve that sprayed the windshield. Pretty simple.

Could be.

Those Beetles had the spare tire in the front. A hose attached to the valve stem and air pressure from the tire pressurized the windshield washer fluid tank. The only thing the washer lever did was open a valve that sprayed the windshield. Pretty simple.

Nope.

Washer lever also dribbled washer fluid into the radio, shorting it out, and down your leg as a bonus when it inevitably leaked.

Below, the push on tubing fittings on the back side of the control knob, and the location on the dash at the upper left of the radio:

washerhosehookup2.jpg

rl5yboodkhl31.jpg

I've never owned a beetle. But a friend in college did. My memory is that the defroster was the passenger, trying to scrape the ice off the inside of the windshield with bandana wrapped around an ice scraper. Good in the snow? Yes. Good in the cold? Fine for the engine, not so much the passengers.

Nope.

Washer lever also dribbled washer fluid into the radio, shorting it out, and down your leg as a bonus when it inevitably leaked.

Below, the push on tubing fittings on the back side of the control knob, and the location on the dash at the upper left of the radio:

washerhosehookup2.jpg

rl5yboodkhl31.jpg

I couldn’t tell if my washer fluid leaked inside since my windshield leaked around the top edge anyway.

I've never owned a beetle. But a friend in college did. My memory is that the defroster was the passenger, trying to scrape the ice off the inside of the windshield with bandana wrapped around an ice scraper. Good in the snow? Yes. Good in the cold? Fine for the engine, not so much the passengers.

Oh, no. The windshield defrost always sucked because of the duct hose length and routing through the rocker panel, but the rear passenger heat is awesome if you replace the rotten rear seat heater hose with fresh.

That’s like 250 degree air roaring off the muffler heater box through 2.5 feet of hose to the cabin outlet.

Will roast your rear seat passengers’ ankles and the right hand of the driver (which can easily reach there when not shifting). What a wonderfully quirky car.

I drove across KS during a summer heat wave with a broken heater baffle that kept the heat on full. I had the choice of roasting with the windows closed or cooking in a convection oven with the windows open. I opted to open the windows and flip the vent windows out to direct more air inside. I was on I-70 near Salina when I drove through a cloud of grasshoppers. A bunch got directed trough the vent window and smacked me in the chest. Hit me hard enough to leave welts.

My memory is that the defroster was the passenger, trying to scrape the ice off the inside of the windshield with bandana wrapped around an ice scraper.

Yep that's another VW point of ownership ... the ice scraper is used on the outside & the inside of the windshield!

A boy excitedly reports to his miserly father...

"Papa!" the boy exclaims. "Instead of buying a bus ticket, I ran home behind the bus and saved a dollar!"

The father immediately slaps the child. "Spendthrift!" he screams. "You could have run home behind a taxi and saved twenty!"

Hey Siri, tell me a joke

OK.

My wife found my secret letters and accused me of cheating. She said she’ll never play scrabble with me again.

Two fish were in a tank. One turns to the other and said “so, do you know how to drive this thing”.

President Putin is sitting in his office when his telephone rings.

"Hello, Mr. Putin!" a heavily accented voice said. "This is Paddy down at the Harp Pub in County Cork, Ireland.
I am ringing to inform you that we are officially declaring war on you!"

"Well, Paddy," Putin replied, "This is indeed important news! How big is your army?"

"Right now," says Paddy, after a moment's calculation, "there is meself, me cousin Seán, me next door neighbour Seamus, and the entire darts team from the pub. That makes eight!"

Putin paused. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 1,000,000 men in my army waiting to move on my command."
"Begorrah!" says Paddy. "I'll have to ring you back."

Sure enough, the next day, Paddy calls again. "Mr. Putin, the war is still on. We have managed to get us some infantry equipment!"

"And what equipment would that be Paddy?" Putin asks.

"Well, we have two combines, a bulldozer, and Murphy's farm tractor."

Putin sighs amused. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 60,000 tanks and 50,000 armoured personnel carriers.
Also, I have increased my army to 1,500,000 since we last spoke."

"Saints preserve us!" says Paddy. "I'll have to get back to you."

Sure enough, Paddy rings again the next day. "Mr. Putin, the war is still on! We have managed to get ourselves airborne! We have modified Jackie McLaughlin's ultra-light with a couple of shotguns in the cockpit, and four boys from the Shamrock Bar have joined us as well!"

Putin was silent for a minute and then cleared his throat. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 1000 bombers and 2000 fighter planes. My military bases are surrounded by laser-guided, surface-to-air missile sites. And since we last spoke, I have increased my army to 2,000,000!"

"May the road rise up to meet you!" says Paddy, "I will have to ring you back."

Sure enough, Paddy calls again the next day. "Good mornin', Mr. Putin! I am sorry to inform you that we have had to call off the war."

"Really? I am sorry to hear that," says Putin. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

"Well," says Paddy, "we had a long chat over a few pints of Guinness, and we decided there is no way we can feed 2,000,000 prisoners."

I look at it like this: The picture shows steam coming out of the front, so the picture has one thing wrong with it. There are two things wrong with steam coming out of the front, location of the engine, and air-cooling of the engine.
There are plenty of rear/mid engine cars that still have the radiator up front.

Back