Today's episode of YGTBSM

I wish these types of lawyers would just cease to exist.
The guy bringing the suit is clearly a dip****, but the lawyer who was at least clever enough to get through law school (probably online admittedly) actually said "you know what bubba, you've got a real case here!"

I wish these types of lawyers would just cease to exist.
The guy bringing the suit is clearly a dip****, but the lawyer who was at least clever enough to get through law school (probably online admittedly) actually said "you know what bubba, you've got a real case here!"
Probably more like, "Sure, as long as you're paying my hourly fee I'll file whatever stupid lawsuits you want. Who knows? Someone might even offer to pay you to go away."

Probably more like, "Sure, as long as you're paying my hourly fee I'll file whatever stupid lawsuits you want. Who knows? Someone might even offer to pay you to go away."

Yep ... "We make money today and friends tomorrow!"

FYI.. The modern version of Paul Harvey 'Rest of the Story' is Mike Rowe's "How I heard it..." podcast. It's pretty darn good.

I didn’t know that. I used to look forward to listening to Paul Harvey every day. I found Mike’s podcast on Pandora and added it to my list.

If I recall correctly, Dr Pepper was a pharmacist

Last edited:
LA Angels play in Anaheim

They are technically the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim; the owner legally agreed with the city (who owns the stadium) to include Anaheim in the name. Then, a few years ago, decided for marketing to add Los Angeles to the name. None of the actual fans like it, but the owner is garbage, and thankfully the team is for sale now. Anyone got a spare $3B laying around?

If you're so concerned over the fact that you want something made in Texas, find the "where it's made" on the label. Read it. Before purchasing. It's not rocket science, and if you can read, it only takes about two seconds.

^ ^ ^ T H I S ^ ^ ^

and Caveat Emptor.

Thank you for playing.

What seriously ****es me off was someone suing over the size of 2x4s... Now when you try to buy plywood at the borg, they don't even list the nominal size, you gotta try and round up from some stupid thirty-seconths to figure out what it is...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...-depot-menards-lumber-size-lawsuit/415874001/

That is really bizarre. Lumber has been nominally sized since the 60s. My house was built in 1962 and the lumber is full sized. My Dad's house was built in 1969, and all the lumber is nominal sized.

My house was built in 1962 and the lumber is full sized
That's weird.
My house was built in 1929 and it's pretty darn close to the modern nominal sizes.
The 2X4 is the size of the green rough sawn lumber before drying and surfacing. Nobody wants to work with that if it can be helped.

What seriously ****es me off was someone suing over the size of 2x4s... Now when you try to buy plywood at the borg, they don't even list the nominal size, you gotta try and round up from some stupid thirty-seconths to figure out what it is...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...-depot-menards-lumber-size-lawsuit/415874001/

Based on my single Contract Law class in school some years ago, the standards of a law are based on what a "reasonable person" would be expected to understand. I think the challenge we're running into today is that the threshold of 'reasonable person' is much lower than it used to be...

As the wise man says... *sigh*

I didn’t know that. I used to look forward to listening to Paul Harvey every day. I found Mike’s podcast on Pandora and added it to my list.

If I recall correctly, Dr Pepper was a pharmacist
You'll want to start with the old ones. He has like 120 of those awesome short stories, but like a year ago he started doing sorry of long form interview podcasts. Still good, but not the magic of those 15 minute short stories.

You'll want to start with the old ones. He has like 120 of those awesome short stories, but like a year ago he started doing sorry of long form interview podcasts. Still good, but not the magic of those 15 minute short stories.

Ahh. I haven't listened to any of the newer ones. I used to binge-listen when I was driving to/from Greenville a few years ago. Sad to hear he has lost the 'magic'. :(

Ahh. I haven't listened to any of the newer ones. I used to binge-listen when I was driving to/from Greenville a few years ago. Sad to hear he has lost the 'magic'. :(
Yeah he said he'll write more eventually, but is too busy at the moment. He's also mentioned that it was becoming struggle to find new ideas for it, but he's been collecting a few over the last year since he stopped.

I've listened to a couple now. I say a couple because yes, they are looooong because I just listened to the first few that popped up. I'll scroll down to get to the shorter ones. I would really like to meet his mom. She sounds like a wonderful person. One observation, I feel as if I need to carry a thesaurus with me to listen.

I've listened to a couple now. I say a couple because yes, they are looooong because I just listened to the first few that popped up. I'll scroll down to get to the shorter ones. I would really like to meet his mom. She sounds like a wonderful person. One observation, I feel as if I need to carry a thesaurus with me to listen.

The earlier ones where he's focusing on telling the story behind the story are only 15-20 minutes IIRC.

I remember watching that commercial as a kid.

At the time, I lived in... wait for it...

New York City.
I remember watching that commercial as a kid.

At the time, I lived in... wait for it...

New York City.

A friend of mine from Brooklyn attended Pace University in NYC. Incredibly he was unaware of Pace Picante Sauce!

My other favorite one was the lawsuit over the fact that a Starbucks 16oz ICED drinks did not have 16 ounces of actual liquid inside because it had...wait for it...ICE in it...

Luckily that one got thrown out but we really need a Court of Common Sense before some of these frivolous lawsuits are allowed to proceed...or at least a loser pays penalty system...better yet, loosing LAYWER pays if the are the one the brought the suit and lose.

... we really need a Court of Common Sense before some of these frivolous lawsuits are allowed to proceed...or at least a loser pays penalty system...better yet, loosing LAYWER pays if the are the one the brought the suit and lose.

Sometimes a really great idea is posted on this forum!

Court of Common Sense ... easier said than done. "Common sense ain't so common anymore!" Yes, you can quote me on that ...

My other favorite one was the lawsuit over the fact that a Starbucks 16oz ICED drinks did not have 16 ounces of actual liquid inside because it had...wait for it...ICE in it...

Luckily that one got thrown out but we really need a Court of Common Sense before some of these frivolous lawsuits are allowed to proceed...or at least a loser pays penalty system...better yet, loosing LAYWER pays if the are the one the brought the suit and lose.
They didn't weigh it?

They tried a few names for the product and a few, such as "Kansas City Bruce" just didn't seem to fit...

we need a rimshot icon...

Back