My wife got hurt

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
A lot of PoAers know Sue from Gaston’s, Rough River and others events. Early Thursday morning she tripped and fell in our house. She shattered her left femur just above the knee. Took the EMTs and fire dept to get her in ambulance for transport to hospital. Friday night she had 5 hours of surgery to repair this. Ended up with a long rod, a plate, and a dozen or more screws. She was in the ICU for a couple of days and to a regular room since last night. She’s in good spirits, but it’s been rough. They got her standing for about one minute today which was great. Don’t know yet what the long term rehab plan will be, but she’s got a lot of painful work in front of her.
I’ll be staying quiet on the Bahamas and Rough River threads until we know more. We’d hate to miss either, but…..
Just thought some of you would like to know.

8D4040BA-A55E-4CC6-BA46-BC1CE79FFBE7.jpeg

Sorry to hear that. Bes wishes on her recovery.

Having been through long term ICU and rehab, twice, I HIGHLY recommend, that once the Physical Therapy says she is good to go, join a gym and work with a personal trainer.

Physical Therapy is to get you functional. A person trainer is to get you as good as you can be. They compliment each other.

I'm very sorry to hear this, Lance. I hope that Sue has a speedy recovery.

Bummer. We'll say a prayer for her. I know my wife really enjoyed her company at RR21.

Hoping a speedy and full recovery Lance!

Sorry to hear about the accident. I broke my femur in a motorcycle accident and ended up with a very similar repair. That happened when I was 24, and it took about 4 months before I was released for work. The doctor never had me go to any PT, and I honestly think it would have been a waste of time and money if he had ordered it. The best thing I did was get physically active while remaining within the doctor's guidelines and recommendations. I'm sure things will be challenging for both of you for a while, but with some determination and patience things will eventually return to normal.

Oh no! Sorry to hear! Wishing her a speedy and complete recovery.

I don't know her, but best wishes to her and you. Sounds like a long road to recovery, I hope it goes well.

Uggghhhhh. I can feel her pain from that picture! Sending my best wishes.

Sorry to hear. I hauled a few broken femur skiers off the hill back in the day. AFAIK, all made a good recovery.

Religiously following PT rehab is key to getting back as far as possible.

I can run table service for you two if you both make it to Rough RIver. If it’s just you, you can fend for yourself:D

Cheeers

Oh no Lance - so sorry to hear. Give my best to Sue and here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

Sorry to hear about this. I will pray for a quick recovery. Life can turn on a dime sometimes. :(

Lance, I’m so sorry to hear of the accident. Let Sue know we’re all thinking of her.:frown:

Oh that sucks. Very sorry to hear. Hope the recovery is as smooth as possible.

Hey, Lance, sorry to hear of this. Wishing her a speedy recovery!

Oh man, that's a tough one. I hate for Sue to have to go through this, but I'm glad to hear she's in good spirits. Prayers for quick healing, my friend.

Damn, she doesnt do anything halfassed. Thats a bad break. Hope she heals quickly!

Just saw this- give Sue our best and happy to read you didn’t rule out this year’s Gaston’s.

Sorry to hear. I hauled a few broken femur skiers off the hill back in the day. AFAIK, all made a good recovery.

Religiously following PT rehab is key to getting back as far as possible.

I can run table service for you two if you both make it to Rough RIver. If it’s just you, you can fend for yourself:D

Cheeers

And one with a broken tibia and fibula, back in 1983 at SugarBump!

Best wishes to Sue for a speedy and full recovery!

Sue got home from a week in a rehab hospital yesterday. Moves around with a walker. We’ll see about further in home rehab after the weekend. First follow up visit with surgeon on Wednesday. There’s a long way to go, but improvement has been steady. Her attitude (usually) is great.

Back