"Russia Doesn’t Need Western Jets Anymore"

ElPaso Pilot

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
ElPaso Pilot
Welp, it's gonna be interesting to see when the Russian civilian aircraft fleet starts to circle the "reliability, mishaps, and accidents" drain again.

On the plus side, it looks like anyone looking to get hired in a short term aerospace career just needs to give Rostec a ring.

"Reuters reports that Rostec is hoping to soon drop foreign aircraft from Russian fleets, will seek to cancel all orders for Boeing and Airbus planes that would have been bound for Russia, and will begin using Russian-made engines and spare parts to keep planes in the air."

• Foreign aircraft will drop out of fleet
  • Airbus, Boeing planes will never be delivered
  • Russian-made engines, parts to be used
  • No expectation sanctions will be eased

When it comes to modern jets, Russia’s only civilian planemaker, Rostec’s United Aircraft Corporation, is limited by a lack of models, manufacturing capacity and foreign components.

Half of components and technologies used in the Russian aircraft industry in 2021 originated from foreign countries

The target of building 1,000 airliners by 2030 is "basically impossible", according to aerospace analyst Richard Aboulafia, managing director of U.S.-based AeroDynamic Advisory.

"Even when they could get semiconductors and other vital components from the West, they were having a very hard time producing more than a handful of jets," he said.

https://www.reuters.com/business/ae...ng-fly-solo-without-airbus-boeing-2022-09-28/
https://jalopnik.com/harley-davidson-spins-off-livewire-in-true-ev-style-1849590416

Putin the pedal to the metal of aircraft production.

Edit: darn beat me by 3 minutes!

I heard they've been trying to execute this strategy for quite awhile, but local leadership was Stalin.
Hopefully while they were Stalin they enjoyed lunch with fine Lenin tablecloths and napkins. Nostrovia!:cheers:

With any luck at all they won't get the Trotsky's (sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Last edited:
The Yury is out as to if they will be successful.

I can't keep up ... ya'll is Russian ahead with all the good ones ...

When using an EFIS "highway in the sky" to fly in Russia ... do they allow you to have the red squares?

Sure, otherwise you'd be Romanoff course.

eec.jpg

Nord Jet Stream will provide an assist in travel time when the engines say Das Vedanya.

So Czech this out, Goulash sounds heard coming from the Hungarian Airlines galley...

Back