Ian

frfly172

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
ron keating
Hoping for good luck for all the pilots with aircraft in Ian’s path.

I'm on the far end of the path in Florida, on the East Coast.
My hangar is certified for 120mph winds and I made sure the cane bolts are in place today.
Currently, my biggest worry is whether we can grill our Friday night steaks or not.

But my sympathies lie with the people on the West Coast of Florida. Without a little luck,they could be screwed.

So far the wind forecast doesn’t look too bad for us folks in Polk county, and I’m on the ridge so flooding isn’t much concern. My biggest worry is losing power for a week or more. My portable generator will handle the essentials, but it can’t run the air conditioning. For other stuff I have to select loads; can’t run the whole house at once.

I have lots of friends in Punta Gorda…looks like it’s going to be ground zero…glad my lot in PGI has nothing on it…

Flooding is our biggest concern here in Polk, though we will see hurricane force winds. My house will be okay, but I'm a little concerned about flooding at my hangar. I drove over there this morning and got everything I could off off the floor and low shelves. Not a lot more I can do about it.

We shall see....

Back