Cross wind landing practice this week in Florida?

NoBShere

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
NoBShere
Hi all, It looks like i will have some free time later on wednesday through Thursday of this week while in Florida due to everything closing for a few days. Any CFI's available to assist with helping me perfect my crosswind landings?

Look for my follow up in the Aviation Mishap forum. hehehe

Hi all, It looks like i will have some free time later on wednesday through Thursday of this week while in Florida due to everything closing for a few days. Any CFI's available to assist with helping me perfect my crosswind landings?

Look for my follow up in the Aviation Mishap forum. hehehe
How much are you offering? :eek::rolleyes:o_O

Go for it after takeoff and on approach for landing you’ll think your a helicopter or stol pilot

Great time for practicing slow flight. You can probably get negative 50kts ground speed....
watch it now....that might sound like a challenge to some.
I tried to go backwards a couple times...never quite made it

Won’t be long until someone posts about how he’s landed a 172 in a 65 knot direct crosswind and had plenty of rudder left, someone else says if you attempt a landing with .0001 over the demonstrated crosswind you’re a test pilot, and someone else is frustrated that even though he’s landed in a 2 knot crosswind with just a bit of help half the way down from his CFI, he’s not allowed to solo yet (and has 850 hours of dual).

watch it now....that might sound like a challenge to some.
I tried to go backwards a couple times...never quite made it
It’s easier in a Cub. Yeah, I’ve done it. Landing is not for the faint of heart, and taxiing is downright dangerous.

Just because… ;)
I wouldn't do it today. Life perspectives change. Some nice people at 5C1 helped hold the struts in order to get the plane back to the hangar. I'm not sure I would have made it back to the hangar successfully otherwise without being flipped over.

Fort Myers has some sporty weather:

3bfb7dc458015c1e97fb09b799255051.jpg

And we’re hours from landfall.

So far Punta Gorda (PGD) wins for highest forecast winds

FM282100 14080G110KT 1SM SHRA VCTS BKN005 OVC015CB

took this screenshot of its last report prior to it giving up…I have several friends who probably lost it all today in PGI…

View attachment 111048

I feel for those impacted, please don’t misconstrue my attempt at humor. I live in a wildfire and earthquake threat area, when I see events that devastate entire communities, I truly feel for those impacted.

Back