No new Insurance policies until after the hurricane?

Samuel Seidel

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Sam
Hey, I’m in the process of buying a plane in California and was supposed to go fly it home this weekend but I heard back from my broker that IAT was not signing policies due to hurricane IAN. He also said it would be unlikely to get any coverage prior to the weekend.

There’s also stop issues on auto and property policies in places already declared a federal disaster area or under hurricane warning.

Pretty normal business ops.

They do that. I was looking for builders risk insurance a few years ago and got put off for a week or two because of active storms.

I must have been lucky ,the insurance company gave me an increase in my coverage on a boat. It was to cover two new motors.

Normal binding suspension…but in your case sort of stupid…

Hey, I’m in the process of buying a plane in California and was supposed to go fly it home this weekend but I heard back from my broker that IAT was not signing policies due to hurricane IAN. He also said it would be unlikely to get any coverage prior to the weekend.
Where in CA, if I may ask?

Lazy broker giving some excuse to not do his job or to do it later.

Back