Aviation Media Forum

luvflyin

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Luvflyin
So how’s this gonna work? Is every post with a video link in it going to get moved? Or just the threads that start out with with some internet stars personal video?

Basically as it says, if the thread is a video, or the discussion is related to a video as listed in the OP, it will go in the new sub to better organize things.

I mean who really cares all that much? while not a bad idea, it came from a small amount of people who aren't capable of simply not reading/clicking the thread. the sub will have very few posts in the grand scheme of things. kind of like when one or two people wanted a separate sub just for ATC communications questions. silly (and also the sub with the least amount of threads). ZERO reason whatsoever that those questions couldn't be posted in the main aviation forum. because, you know, it's aviation. there's already too many subs, but whatever, if it makes those couple of people happy.........

Basically as it says, if the thread is a video, or the discussion is related to a video as listed in the OP, it will go in the new sub to better organize things.

It says media, so what about threads like @Lowflynjack’s photoshoots?

So....where is it?

I don't see it on the list yet.

Ah, I see it's buried in a subforum that no one will use.

It says media, so what about threads like @Lowflynjack’s photoshoots?
Fair point. It’s aimed at videos specifically, not pictures, but there might need to be some different phrasing to avoid ambiguity.

I mean who really cares all that much? while not a bad idea, it came from a small amount of people who aren't capable of simply not reading/clicking the thread. the sub will have very few posts in the grand scheme of things. kind of like when one or two people wanted a separate sub just for ATC communications questions. silly (and also the sub with the least amount of threads). ZERO reason whatsoever that those questions couldn't be posted in the main aviation forum. because, you know, it's aviation. there's already too many subs, but whatever, if it makes those couple of people happy.........
You’re right, and ultimately, I agree with you. It was a simple thing to implement to help make some of those who requested it happy. Of course, now that it’s opened, we’ll have several more complain about it wondering why it’s there. Either there isn’t a place to corral these video threads and people want a dedicated sub, or there is one and people don’t like it being there when they can simply just ignore it. Can’t make ‘em all happy!

Yeah. That

Perhaps this should be moved to the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread ... :rofl:

Curious, is the POA @ least getting a cut of the aviation YT millionaires proceeds? :D

Hmmmm .... maybe POA could hoard cash like AOPA by selling subforums of the U-tuber subforum to the big time U-tubers so they could have a private subforum on America's larget internet site for wanna be pilots and U-tube stars ...

Does anyone actually browse the forums that way? I'm not against a sub forum at all, but I just hit the "new posts" button, so posts in the new subforum will still show up.

I think a required tag would be far more useful. Something like [VID] in the title. In the end though, I just don't care that much.

Does anyone actually browse the forums that way? I'm not against a sub forum at all, but I just hit the "new posts" button, so posts in the new subforum will still show up.

I think a required tag would be far more useful. Something like [VID] in the title. In the end though, I just don't care that much.
I hit recent posts, but I guess there’s enough that browse by forum to warrant a change like this.

This is a better solution! I primarily use the new posts feature but it does show me which forum it’s posted in and a lot of times in certain forums I don’t even look at it. Personally, I don’t have a problem with opening a thread and finding that there’s a discussion about event and it happens to include video showing the event, but I don’t particularly like opening a clickbait titled thread and finding it’s about someone’s YouTube channel.

You guys crack me up. If you want it, then now you’ve got it, if you don’t want it or dislike the change, you can simply ignore ignore the forum. This stuff shouldn’t be so controversial — it’s not that serious.

You guys crack me up. If you want it, then now you’ve got it, if you don’t want it or dislike the change, you can simply ignore ignore the forum. This stuff shouldn’t be so controversial — it’s not that serious.
I'm sure it's already been answered, but I'm kinda dumb and probably missed it. This is just about threads that start with one of these hey look at me things? And you aren't going to dismantle an otherwise legitimate thread where one of these things come in later?

I'm sure it's already been answered, but I'm kinda dumb and probably missed it. This is just about threads that start with one of these hey look at me things? And you aren't going to dismantle an otherwise legitimate thread where one of these things come in later?
Correct.

I just simply do not think of most of them as "look at me". I think of them more like just another pilot member. Here's a little video that some of ya'll might find interesting....
no different really than me starting a written thread ...say about short landings...and my personal shortest landing at First Flight one day in the fall many years ago.
In my opinion it's really only the ones that drop a link and never converse....

I never hit new posts. I browse by forum, that way I can skip the ones I'm not currently interested in.

This is half of the solution. Once we have the ability to remove specific subforums from the New Posts listing, all will be well. :)

until then, please like and subscribe :p

Seriously, I do really, really hate the like and subscribe groveling on EVERY YouTube video these days.

I do.

This is half of the solution. Once we have the ability to remove specific subforums from the New Posts listing, all will be well. :)

until then, please like and subscribe :p

we already have the ability to put subforums on ignore.

Back