Garmin Pilot Question

plongson

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
plongson
If you build a route on your tablet using GP, is there a way to send that route (or even user created waypoints) to another user of GP? Like between PIC and co-pilot?

Another awesome feature would be to build a route on the PC and send it to your tablet...

Obviously I have a lot to learn about GP but so far we like it very well...

Another awesome feature would be to build a route on the PC and send it to your tablet...

Obviously I have a lot to learn about GP but so far we like it very well...
Use Skyvector on PC or Mac - can save as Garmin plan and email to yourself. Open the email on the ipad and load it up.

Hmmm, are you talking about Garmin Pilot? Dang, I'm just not seeing MENU or an icon in the bottom left corner.....

7bf5bf227fda522450ebd88fa5ea4907.jpg

I have GP installed on 3 devices

Left android tab A, iPad Pro 11 inch and iPad Mini 4. Surprisingly the mini 4 performance was better that expected considering it’s age but I do love the iPad Pro screen size. Usually fly with one of the iOS devices but always with the Android as the backup. Love that GP keeps the flight plans and user created waypoints in sync between devices207A220D-1C3A-48D0-B8E4-6D458A92A849.jpeg

I must have a different version, see my screen shot. Garmin help isn't much help either.
We don't need an Apple/Android war either...lol
Screenshot_20220926-065612_Pilot.jpg

I must have a different version, see my screen shot. Garmin help isn't much help either.
View attachment 110922

You’re in trip planning not flight planning. Not sure if that matters but try the three dots at the top right or the bottom right.

OK, here's another shot of flight planning. Still no icons to share or email. Getting to be a PITA...lol. My son has his own subscription so we need to be able to shoot data back and forth...there's gotta be a way.

Screenshot_20220926-073238_Pilot.jpg

View attachment 110922
Try touching the three dots on the upper right hand corner like @eman1200 suggested. That's exactly where the menu button is in the ios version. There's not a share option on the trip planning page in ios.

I got the dust off my old android tablet that hasn't been used in ages because android. yeah, I don't see any similar option to email either. looks like you could use flightplan.com, which is a garmin pilot thing, and email from there. or as mentioned above in bizarre fashion of how to do something in garmin pilot, use skyvector. or iOS, you know.....

I'm thinking the share feature is not yet supported on Android.

THANKS!!! everyone....At least I know I'm not loosing it...LOL
Looks like I'll just have to wait for a version update.

Ha...except I've never owner anything with an APPLE on it. Ya gotta admit there is pros and cons to any platform or OS. My money is on PC and android and I'm not diversifying...lord knows I don't need another gizmo...lol
Maybe I'll go back to paper charts!! (NOT!!)

Ha...except I've never owner anything with an APPLE on it. Ya gotta admit there is pros and cons to any platform or OS. My money is on PC and android and I'm not diversifying...lord knows I don't need another gizmo...lol
Maybe I'll go back to paper charts!! (NOT!!)

Is that some kind of principle thing? Or just a - haven't yet done.

Either one is easily solved with "Buy It Now", or "Add to cart".

As I was told by an attorney, long ago, principles are expensive. In this case, an odd anti-principle stance may be costing/robbing you of the ability to use the most effective tool for the job.

..Looks like I'll just have to wait for a version update.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned about Garmin Pilot is parity between mobile OSs isn’t a goal. My EFB is Android and even though we have a panel full of G, I can’t justify buying their EFB product for Android.

We are seeing another instance of vendor lockout. I am on the Android eco-system, as the platform is open, i.e. SDK for Android is open whereas iOS requires a vendor PC. As a software engineer, our community and the Internet in general, benefits by sharing. Both OS's have costs and benefits.
It appears Garmin is prioritizing iOS with their development resources.
That is a bummer for us Android users. My Tab S8 runs Garmin Pilot very well, but I can see it is version 8.x whereas ios is on a version 10.x.

We are seeing another instance of vendor lockout. I am on the Android eco-system, as the platform is open, i.e. SDK for Android is open whereas iOS requires a vendor PC. As a software engineer, our community and the Internet in general, benefits by sharing. Both OS's have costs and benefits.
It appears Garmin is prioritizing iOS with their development resources.
That is a bummer for us Android users. My Tab S8 runs Garmin Pilot very well, but I can see it is version 8.x whereas ios is on a version 10.x.

You have very good points.
Hence the invention of Avare. Very good (but basic) EFB. Oh, and you just can't beat the price...

Back