Replace your supply lines

Racerx

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Ernie
My dad was in Alaska the last week of August and I had to fly his plane to Florida from Chicago 8/27. Flew back commercial that Sunday. Was leaving on Tuesday to drive out to New Mexico for the Archery hunt. Out on a job Monday afternoon and get a call from my sister. My dad's garage is raining...but it's sunny outside. Inches of water in the upstairs bathroom. The braided hose that goes from valve to toilet, the plastic nut decided after 30 years it wasnt coming to work on Monday. Inches of water in the kitchen and ditto for the basement.

To make matters worse we find out via text while we're out west that the water guys the insurance company hired to clean up and demo unplugged the freezer in the garage that had all our game meat from years prior. All spoiled.

He's also my neighbor so I gained a new roommate and I think he plans on getting back at me by leaving lights on and dishes on the counter. Jokes on him, never turn my lights off. In the meantime, my 6 year old supply lines that had plastic nuts got replaced for metal ones.

His "kitchen" and basement.
IMG_20220829_142727076.jpg IMG_20220919_183712891.jpg

don't forget the lines to the washer.

Install a water cop. It has a solenoid valve at the main supply, and remote RF sensors one can place at any potential leak, dishwasher, icemaker, toilets, etc. when it senses any water it shuts the main off.

Replaced the lines to my washer only to have the washer/dryer unit crap out a week later.

I never thought about the toilet supply lines, but on the list now.

Now is a good time to replace the gas lines to the hot water heater, stove and central heater.

Hope I don't burn down my house...

The plus side is he did want to remodel. Just not quite to this extent. I did get a nice bull elk out west so we were able to replace some of the meat lost.

Back