Hangar nearing completion

benyflyguy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
benyflyguy
We are just about to take our first tenants into our hangar. Broke ground just over a year ago. Has been a trying experience for which I’m told is all COVIDs fault lol. Higher power door which is cool AF. >55,000# is open in a minute.
Will post when get some cool aircraft in. E8AC7EF4-2F81-4FA0-8DEE-0299DDA3A389.jpegB759295C-1A9C-4B4C-8ADC-F69118D3E708.jpegA6A7984B-3F8B-47E5-AB8E-B55693B6CC0F.jpeg

Man, that looks beautiful!

IMP exterior? How many square feet? Working on getting a new commercial building with imp's built in the next year or so.

Very nice! Got me salivating

IMP exterior? How many square feet? Working on getting a new commercial building with imp's built in the next year or so.

Very nice! Got me salivating
Yes to IMP. Is 16,000 sqft hangar with side pilots lounge about 1200 sqft. Pilots lounge just shelled and plumbed. Not planning on build out yet.

Looks great!

So POA fly-in then?

Nice, I’ve seen some hangar doors with exterior truss before, is that structural for the door?

Very nice indeed! My little plane would get lost in there ...

Nice, I’ve seen some hangar doors with exterior truss before, is that structural for the door?
Yes. Did I read that right? The door weighs 55,000lbs?!

My home drome has a hangar built for a Citation Sovereign with a single-piece door. I asked the guys putting it together what the door weighs and they said the frame along was 16,000 lbs. It’s not hard to imagine something 3 times as heavy when the sheet metal and insulation are included. Does a hangar door that heavy require a type rating?

Well the frame without the sheeting was 55k. So it’s a bit more. That structural support is on to prevent sagging when all the way opened. Smaller ones don’t really require that. This one in 140’ wide. There is one down at KMDT that is 180’!!!
What’s amazing to me it that it is lifted by two hydraulic rams. I’ll have to post a video soon

Finally tucked in the first couple of pieces of iron
It has been quite a journey. Great to have some tenants in. Our consultants kept telling us if you build it they will come.
225FFD86-4C7A-46FC-ABF1-4DED26A13B0F.jpeg F6F64DDF-E46C-403A-946D-1CC4A75D62D9.jpeg ED886844-8298-4C5B-969B-E0466D80CAC3.jpeg

Something about the the back end of these (chef’s kiss)

nice!
one Q for such hangar owners, is there any possible backup plan should there be a power failure?
(a significant issue where I live, maybe no so in your place)

Looks phenomenal !! Been contemplating trying something similar at our home base. Only problem I'm running into is courage.... :)

Best of luck !!

I would put in a backup generator.

Nice! When do you build in the Man Cave? Wide screen, old sofas, popcorn machine, foosball, old rusty refrigerator?

Back