Is the 182 the plane for me?

@Lowflynjack - yet another Skylane window open question LOL

Much like @ktup-flyer said I too feel like it will literally slam up under the wing. When you open the window in flight, do you need to carefully raise it up with your and or just let it go :)

I think the regret would come from buying an $80K 182 in today's market.
Why, you could isntantly make a 50k profit on sale.

The CHEAPEST 182 on controller is 60k for a 1962 model, the next cheapest one is 1964 for 130K...

I think 80k skylanes would fly off the shelves.

:) Planes are EXPENSIVE right now, and I"m not sure I bet on them coming down much as corrosion, crash, and neglect continue to shrink the fleet.

Much like @ktup-flyer said I too feel like it will literally slam up under the wing. When you open the window in flight, do you need to carefully raise it up with your and or just let it go :)
I slowly open it, but it never feels like it's going to break. I've had mine open going pretty fast

I open them all the time. I have also opened 170 and 172 windows. Yes, hold on tight and gently raise them up, but they will float under the wing during the flight. I'll try to remember to take a photo next time!

I've got a '58 182 that still has nice original paint, and I love it. If I can afford to have one airplane, it'll be a 182. If I can afford to have more than one airplane, one of them will still be a 182.

If I can afford to have more than one airplane, one of them will still be a 182.
Me too. But to be fair, the 182 would be the plane that I fly when the other is down for maintenance. :)

Back