PSA: Don't cook your chicken in Nyquil

Just when I thought I had a great culinary idea.

Not a challenge or thing. Consider it absurdist humor. In said video they turn the chicken with a hair straightener. Someone at the FDA must have had a slow day cause the video is over a year old and idt anyones tried nyquill chicken. Can't be any worse than my moms dry yankee chicken though.

Well, they do put KY jelly on their toast.

Bleach bbq sauce is the way to go

I bought tide pods for the first time the other day. I wanted to see if the dog was interested in that challenge (not that I'd give it to her). She hopped on the couch, zero interest. She knows.

Are you suggesting we take all of the 'warning' stickers off of everything? ;)
Overuse of warning labels makes them far too easy to ignore. That was a problem with the older Material Safety Data Sheets. There was a time when reading the MSDS for a jug of purified water or ethanol brought into the lab would make you button up your lab coat, pull on the long-cuff gloves, put a face shield on over your goggles, and back away slowly hoping nothing bad happened before you could escape.

The California Prop 65 labels have a similar problem. Does anyone pay attention to the ominous 'may cause cancer or reproductive harm' labels, when they are on virtually everything? It would be far better to have a meaningful cutoff for risk or toxicity or teratogenicity, not labeling anything posing minimal risk, so that when risk labels are warranted, they get noticed.

re: CA Prop 65, I'm wondering how the true diehard followers of this actually live. I mean I saw it on wood pellets for a pellet grill.
What sparked the Prop 65 warning you ask? Why, wood dust. I thought trees were the closest thing to pure nature you could get, but apparently tree dust is bad.

So again, I wonder how the diehards survive. I'm sure there are those out there who are every night thanking their stars that people care enough to keep them safe as they study the latest additions to Prop 65.

Darwinism needs a comeback.

Natural selection is always lurking in the background, even if it doesn't claim everyone that it might. Which I guess is a good thing, but it would be nice if more people learned from stupid mistakes.

re: CA Prop 65, I'm wondering how the true diehard followers of this actually live. I mean I saw it on wood pellets for a pellet grill.
What sparked the Prop 65 warning you ask? Why, wood dust. I thought trees were the closest thing to pure nature you could get, but apparently tree dust is bad.

So again, I wonder how the diehards survive. I'm sure there are those out there who are every night thanking their stars that people care enough to keep them safe as they study the latest additions to Prop 65.

Diehard... who exactly? The labels are there to attempt to stave off liability. I don't think people are perusing labels at the Home Depot looking for a warning-free can of varnish to use. I don't know anyone reading those "latest additions" for sport.

They're probably out there. WAY out there. :) If it wasn't prop65 it would be something else for those types.

Just asking. Would not the cooking process break down the medication and you would be left with a "foul" tasting mint/vanilla/lemon mess. Or whatever they flavor Nyquil with. I was instructed to store most meds in an air-conditioned environment back in a previous life as an Army medic

California Prop 65 labels have a similar problem. Does anyone pay attention to the ominous 'may cause cancer or reproductive harm' labels, when they are on virtually everything?
It lets us know everything will kill us. Including fried or baked potatoes, coffee, or virtually any cooked starchy food, receipt paper, wood (including untreated), etc. Technically, your body produces 1 or more of the listed chemicals.

I had a sheet of plywood the other day stamped with a warning that cutting it will cause sawdust.

I'm known to cause cancer in the state of California.

I saw a little package of silica with the warning: DO NOT PUTS IN MOUTH. IF PUTS IN MOUTH DO NOT EAT.

sand-1.jpg

My guess is only in California...

I used to build houses for my dad during summers in college. We got a new Ramset (.22blank fired nail gun for concrete) one year. The big warning label inside showed a picture of someone pushing it against their hand and pulling the trigger, with the big red “X” through it…

I used to build houses for my dad during summers in college. We got a new Ramset (.22blank fired nail gun for concrete) one year. The big warning label inside showed a picture of someone pushing it against their hand and pulling the trigger, with the big red “X” through it…

I think my favorite warning label I have seen was on a hairdryer, warning women not to use it in the shower.

When my son was about 6 years old, he dressed as a knight for halloween, complete with flimsy plastic sword and flimsy plastic shield.

Molded into the back of the flimsy plastic shield were the words: "Not a Protective Device".

I think the world needs a good herd thinning. Too many stupid people are breeding, and a lot at that.

We make people study for a test and take a road test to drive a car.

There are no requirements to breed.

There are no requirements to vote.

There are no requirements to run for public office, excepting federal age and citizenship rules.

We allow anyone to become a teacher, even though most have no special area knowledge. Just an education degree. They know how to teach, but not how to do what they teach, in many cases.

Yet, we wonder why our society is so very broken.

We are our own worst enemy.

Video explaining human body reaction to Nyquil Chicken

Back