Flying again after an accident

Salty

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Salty
Our off field landing happened a little over 9 months ago. The wife had been getting really interested in learning to fly when it occurred. She had flown that last flight up until the pattern.

After the accident she said she didn't think she'd ever be interested in sitting up front again, but she has gone for a few rides in the back of our Lance, and was uncomfortable on landing, but ok to fly. Still no interest in flying for fun, only to get somewhere.

Since the lance is still busted, I've been borrowing a 150 to fly for fun. Finally talked her into taking a ride in it last week, and now we've flown 3 days in a row, still reluctantly getting in each day - but today she ended the last flight with a huge smile on her face. She asked me to point her to a good ground school. She's hooked again!

I think I’ve been in a plane over 50 hours since my engine out on Aug. 28th, and I will admit that I’ve definitely been on edge every flight since, but that’s not all bad, and flying is still cool.

Since the lance is still busted, I've been borrowing a 150 to fly for fun. Finally talked her into taking a ride in it last week, and now we've flown 3 days in a row, still reluctantly getting in each day - but today she ended the last flight with a huge smile on her face. She asked me to point her to a good ground school. She's hooked again!

Terrific! Maybe you should buy her the 150 for a Christmas present. :D

Let’s think this through…. There’s a LANCE and a 150 in this story. After your first comment, you think a 150 is gonna do it? Just sayin!!

And yes, congrats!

Back