• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jim K

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Richard Digits
After dropping the ball for a month, I made contact with someone at EAA. She confirmed they are cool with the POA logo, and they would be fine with usernames or a quote. She also said the logo will reduce the number of lines of text available, but it depends on how big we make it. Sounds like they can scale it however we want. She suggested we send her the artwork and what we want to put on it, and they can make a proof for us to approve.

So.... decision time. Please vote for whether you'd rather see a listing of contributors user names or a quote/phrase. Seems like the phrase option was a bit more popular in the previous thread, so if that's what you vote for, please nominate your phrase in a post. If that's what we decide to do, we can have another poll (yay) to vote for which one we go with.

In the last thread, we had 23 people interested; if all of those come through we're looking at $50 each.

If you have no clue what I'm talking about, see here: POA Brown Arch brick?

Last edited:
Honestly, if we’re going to do one with the PoA logo, than to me it sings like a group effort of which we’re all a part of. Being so, I don’t think we need specific usernames, since it’s from us all. If we wanted to put a quote, we could just use POA’s slogan - “The Front Porch of Aviation”.

Does that actually appear on this website? I've not noticed it before.
It used to years ago, I think it went away after the logo change and the software moved to Xenforo. That was the original slogan.

"Can I log this brick as PIC?"

If we go the individual route, instead of my name, please just put “Member #69”. :)

Last edited:
After dropping the ball for a month, I made contact with someone at EAA. She confirmed they are cool with the POA logo, and they would be fine with usernames or a quote. She also said the logo will reduce the number of lines of text available, but it depends on how big we make it. Sounds like they can scale it however we want. She suggested we send her the artwork and what we want to put on it, and they can make a proof for us to approve.

So.... decision time. Please vote for whether you'd rather see a listing of contributors user names or a quote/phrase. Seems like the phrase option was a bit more popular in the previous thread, so if that's what you vote for, please nominate your phrase in a post. If that's what we decide to do, we can have another poll (yay) to vote for which one we go with.

In the last thread, we had 23 people interested; if all of those come through we're looking at $50 each.

If you have no clue what I'm talking about, see here: POA Brown Arch brick?
How about just ‘pilotsofamerica.com’ Maybe add viewer discretion advised or something like that so more people will look.

Honestly, if we’re going to do one with the PoA logo, than to me it sings like a group effort of which we’re all a part of. Being so, I don’t think we need specific usernames, since it’s from us all. If we wanted to put a quote, we could just use POA’s slogan - “The Front Porch of Aviation”.
How about just ‘pilotsofamerica.com’ Maybe add viewer discretion advised or something like that so more people will look.
Hmm..we have lots of room to work with. We could probably do all three:

-LOGO-
The Front Porch of Aviation
pilotsofamerica.com
silly quote

I'm shamelessly nominating one of my own:
"We're good at two things: sarcasm, pedantry, and talking about airplanes"

Hmm..we have lots of room to work with. We could probably do all three:

-LOGO-
The Front Porch of Aviation
pilotsofamerica.com
silly quote

I'm shamelessly nominating one of my own:
"We're good at two things: sarcasm, pedantry, and talking about airplanes"
I like it. I think we’re down to the slogan.
Knowledge With a Twist
The Lighter Side of Flying
The Monkee’s Uncles

A few random quotes to add to the collection. I can only do self-deprecating humor even though I enjoy this site.

(also, lmk where to Venmo/send a check/etc for the money for my share of the brick!)

Ideas:
1) "Pilots that fight more than we fly"
2) "Joining us is more hazardous than an engine failure immediately after takeoff"
3) "Hazardous information available on our Flight Following frequency"
4) "Whatever you think is obviously wrong as per the AIMs"
5) "Where being uniquely unqualified to have an opinion means you're the most vocal person on the thread."
6)"Where every fly-in is rescheduled at least 4x" (I'm sad I missed the last one. Totally would have gone but POA didn't alert me about it!)
7)"You're wrong as per FAR ..."
8)"Pilots of America: The only place on God's Green Earth where straight ins are controversial"
9) "R.I.P Whitney ????-2022" (seriously that user popped up, super active then bailed)
10) "Remain outside the class POA airspace"

Not married to any of the suggestions but thought I'd try and contribute!

Ideas:
2) "Joining us is more hazardous than an engine failure immediately after takeoff"
5) "Where being uniquely unqualified to have an opinion means you're the most vocal person on the thread."
6)"Where every fly-in is rescheduled at least 4x" (I'm sad I missed the last one. Totally would have gone but POA didn't alert me about it!)
8)"Pilots of America: The only place on God's Green Earth where straight ins are controversial"
9) "R.I.P Whitney ????-2022" (seriously that user popped up, super active then bailed)

11) Hold my beer...

No no, of course not.... but I figured it just had to be suggested...:lol:

I think the brick should have the POA logo with "Ejection Handle Pulled" written below. That or "Duplicate Post".

But "Hold my beer" certainly has my support too.

A few random quotes to add to the collection. I can only do self-deprecating humor even though I enjoy this site.

(also, lmk where to Venmo/send a check/etc for the money for my share of the brick!)

Ideas:

Not married to any of the suggestions but thought I'd try and contribute!
Sheesh dude. Like negative waves.

We could go with the classic Groucho Marx line, “I refuse to join a club that would have me as a member”. :)

I vote for just the tagline, but I'm open if anyone has a generic quote to add that isn't about a transitional topic. The brick will last far longer than the quote

Leading cause of Chief Counsel interpretations of interpretations.
See other side

"Pics or it didnt happen"

Maybe we can staple the monkey to it? If we know where it is

"Any traffic in the pattern please advise"

In all seriousness (that I am the one typing this is an interesting indicator of the maturity of our happy little group :) )

Pilots of America Logo, followed underneath by PilotsOfAmerica.Com

In all seriousness (that I am the one typing this is an interesting indicator of the maturity of our happy little group :) )

Pilots of America Logo, followed underneath by PilotsOfAmerica.Com
In my maturity, I will ask the group to debate the capitalization of the website.

Back