Oil & Filter Supplies?

I was poking in my hangar and found a tote full of NOS filters if you're hard up. I can't even use the Lyc 103s and have no idea how to use the bare element. I already sent a 109 to a friend who is stuck waiting on a champion.

I have 2 x Champ 103-1, 1 x 110-1, 1x 108-1, 1 x CFO-100, and a tempest 110-2. I'm planning on keeping the 2 x Tempest 108-2s unless you're seriously stuck.

Cover shipping and agree to order me a tempest 108-2 to replace what I send and I can shoot one over to ya. Or pick up near Hayward CA KHWD :)

ZKe028bzdl95g9bAu0x9UUpMVClgz7NGK_zwvve6TfYXDCeBSliWmfH8sWSPVK7v_ho5jYrVn-TpDQ3d3ZMin3veQnujw_MylFJ9QHFUnNe7qhDacZT92TsUKZC6nls5C1AbsAapXN2XjupK9vytbQHvXCV82Jjt7HtXsfeHDlYMIqI1VgOdkIP_yI10kEosWZ4omDAgJa3VHRLwJMXtb1VM2hh4MNA96NqrT8Da55N86g4fm3LOqTcZC0rsW6EDpAG8F7CrLtXtHiZRei6OYSi-fjCDoJv9Uqriz0jIc11ihWQ1k-TZeZluiyTwhOuo3aTDbhWaScrpkdBfjbPU3dIfZccDGUUO20zQ8MdUYySXnvLbRYZz_JCpf9mfn3BPM6cBsFbQcBWmqtNiWyUPMikLKUISOMqF5ZipSLgCWJMTmyaoeFloa4xEdzOVs704AJpz1fsOvL9TpRWgSyettKD2CfcPzmp4JMeqc25yMM_Fnk_ygONU8Mtw-TxXY-E3X6ug4YEot8MZHst0Xjh6Wo_CMeULx6HlZLv6pfnNPq2ZhTD19848TukZhFd-whJv4hiTu5-tddDRpftY_Q_XxyHo87WJ9wzf6vdoniUWVSas_9u_AmB7WM5QVh3fNIwuO-UrIrkQH_xWqEowE0ziYd8k3kxo1fGfBmxmOmqwYEe1wfUF_3g4mxBLTSg4XyRL_w8afMHkkm7KG4Tk5tU_EFpEcJdC0EwNRjw9Kmg2p0xaA22C-uDlccGZYETPR6M=w694-h925-no

I was poking in my hangar and found a tote full of NOS filters if you're hard up. I can't even use the Lyc 103s and have no idea how to use the bare element. I already sent a 109 to a friend who is stuck waiting on a champion.

I have 2 x Champ 103-1, 1 x 110-1, 1x 108-1, 1 x CFO-100, and a tempest 110-2. I'm planning on keeping the 2 x Tempest 108-2s unless you're seriously stuck.

Cover shipping and agree to order me a tempest 108-2 to replace what I send and I can shoot one over to ya. Or pick up near Hayward CA KHWD :)

I could use the 108-1 if you still have it.

Now I understand why the shop didn’t do an oil change at the annual the first week of July. Of course if they hadn’t ignored my specific instructions to do the annual AFTER the July 4 weekend, they would have had oil, filters and a shopping list of things I wanted done. Instead, they don’t get the additional $$$$ for my shopping list, another A&P will.

I went to order Aeroshell 15w50 and Champion 48108-1 from Spruce and got a back ordered notice until April 28 and May 23 for each respectively.

I didn’t try other brands or other stores. I ended up getting what I needed from the FBO instead.

Is anyone else seeing this as well? 2-3 months is bound to put a damper on flying if someone is expecting a quick oil change. Or an extended oil & filter change interval instead.

I’ve had an oil filter order to spruce since March and their last promised delivery of first of August has long since passed.

I ordered Tempest 108-2 from Aircraft Spruce in last June/early July. Supposedly to ship mid-July. Last update was sometime in October.

I do. Shipping in the US has been bad enough ($22 once, $28 another) -- I have no idea what it would be to the UK, but I suspect "not good" :D

New to the forum here (bought my first AC in May)… did Katamarino end up picking this up? I’m doing the annual right now and could use the CH48108-1… I’m based at KDVT.

New to the forum here (bought my first AC in May)… did Katamarino end up picking this up? I’m doing the annual right now and could use the CH48108-1… I’m based at KDVT.

Heya -- welcome -- At the moment I only have the 103s left. No idea what to do with them -- may pick up trap shooting at this rate, they appear to be an unpopular filter taking up space in my hangar. :D

Hah, nice! Thanks for the quick reply. Figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask. I ordered one back in late July and it was showing an ETA of August at the time, now it’s pushed to October. I just ordered a few more to get in queue and try to stay ahead of this for the next go’round. Tragedy of the commons I suppose…

Heya -- welcome -- At the moment I only have the 103s left. No idea what to do with them -- may pick up trap shooting at this rate, they appear to be an unpopular filter taking up space in my hangar. :D
I could use some 103s if you still have some.

We got that news today. Glad we bought a few on sale.

Thank you! Just ordered one from eBay. That’ll give me a little breathing room.

Just got an email from Spruce telling me that the two Champion 110 oil filters that I ordered on March 7 have just shipped. Now if I can only get that Brackett air filter in time for the November annual ...

Just got an email from Spruce telling me that the two Champion 110 oil filters that I ordered on March 7 have just shipped. Now if I can only get that Brackett air filter in time for the November annual ...
A BA-104? I've got an extra and my annual isn't until April. If you get in a pinch you can have mine and then just send me yours when it shows up.

looks like spruce just shipped my first order of 2 filters yesterday. CH48110-1 CHAMPION

Just fly up to Kingman and knock on the door. :)

This thread makes me hug my experimental ... :cool:

I gave up on Spruce, they just keep pushing dates out, a month at a time. I guess they are just making it up as they go, to try and hang on to orders.

I gave up on Spruce, they just keep pushing dates out, a month at a time. I guess they are just making it up as they go, to try and hang on to orders.

yeah, it probably has nothing to do with the actual suppliers of the product, yup, that makes sense. just hanging on to orders, roger that.

or, you could cancel your order...................

yeah, it probably has nothing to do with the actual suppliers of the product, yup, that makes sense. just hanging on to orders, roger that.

or, you could cancel your order...................

Seems to me if the suppliers were not able to give a firm delivery date, Spruce would be perfectly capable of mentioning that on their site rather than taking an order and stringing people along by pushing the date out every time their previously promised date comes near. Too complicated, you think?

I cancelled my order ages ago, but thanks for the suggestion.

Seems to me if the suppliers were not able to give a firm delivery date, Spruce would be perfectly capable of mentioning that on their site rather than taking an order and stringing people along by pushing the date out every time their previously promised date comes near. Too complicated, you think?

I cancelled my order ages ago, but thanks for the suggestion.

My bet is the suppliers gave a firm date and missed it. Lots of that going on in various supply chains.

My bet is the suppliers gave a firm date and missed it. Lots of that going on in various supply chains.

That would make sense if it happens once, but when it happens 3 - 4 times it would seem like considerate business to include some kind of disclaimer. Spruce don't even bother with an email notification to say "we've pushed it another month". Sure, they're not obliged to do any of this, but it wouldn't take much effort.

A BA-104? I've got an extra and my annual isn't until April. If you get in a pinch you can have mine and then just send me yours when it shows up.
Looks like we're in good shape. I just got word the BA-104 has been shipped, more than a month before Spruce initially said it would be in stock.

Seems to me if the suppliers were not able to give a firm delivery date, Spruce would be perfectly capable of mentioning that on their site rather than taking an order and stringing people along by pushing the date out every time their previously promised date comes near.
This isn’t Spruces problem, they’re simply the distributor who relies on suppliers to keep inventory full. Over the past year and a half, I’ve worked with more than a few different companies who claimed to have XYZ ready by X date and that date kept getting pushed back further and further due to various supply chain issues. Don’t blame the last guy in the line, blame the links in the chain farther up for not being able to source materials and manufacture products quick enough to ship to the suppliers.

This thread makes me hug my experimental ... :cool:
Yep, I've been running them in my RV-8 for many years. A coupla months ago I bought a 6-pack of Wix 51068 from Rock Auto, $5.65 each and at my door in less than a week. Pretty happy with that!

Yep, I've been running them in my RV-8 for many years. A coupla months ago I bought a 6-pack of Wix 51068 from Rock Auto, $5.65 each and at my door in less than a week. Pretty happy with that!

Rock auto has some great prices (most of the time) and quick delivery too ...

The baby milbar safety wire pliers I ordered in november arrived last week at random. I had completely forgotten I ordered them, and the project I had them in mind for is long done.

It's not like the rest of the world isn't behaving this way too. The number of times I've wanted to burn down a Panera Bread location for being out of black iced tea are too numerous to count. The one nearest my hangar was out of the stuff for over 3 weeks.

I'd yell at a cloud but it's a nice day here today. :)

They are used on a Dakota. Mention them on a Piper group. I have four in my hangar so don’t think I need any more just yet.

I have black iced tea too.

Back