6Y9 2022 Fly in/Camp in

Bryan, for clarification, you are leaving 7am Saturday, or 7AM Friday?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Well 7 am Friday has already come on gone in Texas, soooooo....

Being in the UP, I wasn't sure if the time stamp was wrong, however, if he left at 7 central he would be in the air.

I can confirm that there’s a tailwind heading north at 0 AGL. It may not help my ground speed but it’s helping my fuel burn!

Being in the UP, I wasn't sure if the time stamp was wrong, however, if he left at 7 central he would be in the air.

Time stamps on the forum are based on your profile settings. If I head out to California, the time stamp of this post will show 10:35am when I'm logged in, even if it's 7:35 local. Will show 9:35am for Ted when's hes logged in regardless of where he is.

Bryan is arriving Saturday...

Yes we're just spending the night Saturday night and Sunday night and returning Monday.

We're planning to leave early enough to be there for the lunch tomorrow. I need to go take my seats out, check my fuel state, and practice my short/soft field techniques this evening.

@rwellner98 I thought you didn't like fly-ins :biggrin:

@rwellner98 You're a day early!

I'll be there between late morning and lunch - depending on what this cold front does. Tailwind south of it, head wind north of it. Also depends on how early I wake up.

I’ll be leaving Minnesota sometime tomorrow morning. It’s only a two hour flight, so I’ll probably arrive late morning or early afternoon.

How are the field conditions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll be leaving Minnesota sometime tomorrow morning. It’s only a two hour flight, so I’ll probably arrive late morning or early afternoon.

How are the field conditions?

Field conditions are excellent.

Has it rained yet?

7101382e2ed9841dbec61aaad4026027.jpg

Glad I decided to not push it for tonight!

7101382e2ed9841dbec61aaad4026027.jpg

Glad I decided to not push it for tonight!

Yeah I think that’s frontal - which we southerners get to tangle with in the morning. Alas the age old question presents itself: fly around vs fly at & park to wait it out

Has it rained yet?

Yes, but we had drain tile installed a few years ago, and it is sand soil anyway. Standing water and soft conditions is pretty much non-existent anymore.

Not a cloud to be seen in any direction this morning.

Working the departure time a little. Storms in the forecast straight north of me.

Looking more like an 11am departure with arrival around 1.

I’m at KSFY. Full fuel, now hopping north. Will follow the Mississippi or east as weather allows.

@SixPapaCharlie just crossed from Kansas into Missouri, making good time. Glad he got a Comanche!

I assume he's gassing-up in Iowa.

I’m at KSFY. Full fuel, now hopping north. Will follow the Mississippi or east as weather allows.
Now at KTKV. Topping off here then I’m 45 minutes out.

@SixPapaCharlie just crossed from Kansas into Missouri, making good time. Glad he got a Comanche!

I assume he's gassing-up in Iowa.
Yes sir. We stopped in Ankeny to grab fuel and a bite to eat so we'll probably be here for an hour and then 2 hours and 15 minutes to 6y9

Yes sir. We stopped in Ankeny to grab fuel and a bite to eat so we'll probably be here for an hour and then 2 hours and 15 minutes to 6y9

Ankeny is nice airport. Stopped there yesterday on my flight from Lawton OK to Stambaugh Mi (Y73), about 30 south of 6y9.

I’m missing all you guys….but I shouldn’t fly for another week :(.

We are missing you and the lovely Sue as well here.

Back