See what happens when you put mayo on fries?

I thought it was about ketchup on a hotdog.

Ketchup and hotdogs are partners just as much as mayonnaise and fries are natural partners. Ketchup on fries is a travesty!

Who’s got time for ketchup when you have four (or five?) different bbq sauces to choose from?

My mom used to make our ketchup, canned it from tomatoes from the the garden that was amazing.

Getting back to the original “mayo on fries” thing: It’s been a long time since I was in Europe, but they always charged extra for the condiments. If you wanted that mayo with your fries, you paid extra.

I had some fries once, covered in chili, cheese and diced Hatch chili peppers and jalapenos. About eleventy billion calories a bite. Slightly healthier than bacon, turkey bacon, any fried food, potato chips all covered with added sugars and processed oils swimming in hydrogenated fats...

But absolutely delicious.!!!

I can't even look at naked fries anymore...

I'm from the Chicago area and ketchup and onions is the only way I eat my hotdogs. I'm wrong, but I don't care.

yeah, but that area of the country also has an abomination called deep-dish pizza.

1 - Deep dish pizza is a gift to the world from Chicago and God

2 - There are two types of countries in the world. Those that put mayo on fries, and the one that doesn’t that also put man on the moon.

FYI, this is the only acceptable condiment for french fries.

71n3TU7WTDL._SL1500_.jpg

I am a believer of mayo on French fries. I don't use ketchup on anything,as for hot dogs spicy mustard is my choice

3 parts mayo, 1 part ketchup (or better, chili sauce)
Dab of mustard
Dab of horseradish
Garlic (fresh, paste, or powder)
salt/pepper
Optional: finely diced dill pickle
Optional: Hot sauce such as Frank's Red Hot, Tabasco, Siracha, etc.)

No mention yet of mayochup, or as Utahns call it, “fry sauce.”

You’re welcome.

No mention yet of mayochup, or as Utahns call it, “fry sauce.”

You’re welcome.

Fry sauce is good stuff! I grew up in Idaho, and it's pretty common there as well. I don't recall how old I was before I learned that some people put just plain ketchup on fries.

I'm the only one I know who does it, but I shamelessly dip my fries in mustard :)

Mayo on fries is great in Belgium. But they gotta be Belgian fries and Belgian mayo. Tried it here after my Belgium experience - didn’t work

Back