Aerocruze 100 (trutrak installation cessna 172F

sailit

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
Anyone have any experience or knowledge with trutrak / aerocruze 100 installation. I have purchased the aerocruze 100 to install in my 172-F. The installation manual shows a large access/inspection panel on the bottom of the wing to install the roll servo. My plane (172-F) has a small panel in this area. The servo and or brackets will not fit in the hole. I talked with Bendix/King support and they were not sure how to address this issue( going to check and get back with me) just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Thanks in advance.

Can’t speak for the F model, but I installed in my N. Two different access holes were used (one for the servo, another one to attach the pushrod to the bell crank). The upper and lower brackets and servo all went in individually and assembled after they were in the wing. The assembly of brackets and servo together would certainly not go through the access hole.

Thanks Kevin, I looked at a couple other 172 models on the field, the newer ones have the large hole as shown in the diagram. My F model has a small hole and the servo without brackets will not fit in the hole. The individual brackets wont even fit.

That is really odd. I looked at my installation materials again and the installation procedure is the same for all 172 models F - S.

the inspection panel covers are about 4.5 - 5” in diameter and the homes under them are a little smaller. There is not much extra room but it is certainly adequate.

the servo hole is just forward of the inboard end of the aileron where the aileron and flap meet. The hole for the pushrod to bellcrank are forward if the flap about middle of the flap

Anyone have any experience or knowledge with trutrak / aerocruze 100 installation. I have purchased the aerocruze 100 to install in my 172-F. The installation manual shows a large access/inspection panel on the bottom of the wing to install the roll servo. My plane (172-F) has a small panel in this area. The servo and or brackets will not fit in the hole. I talked with Bendix/King support and they were not sure how to address this issue( going to check and get back with me) just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Thanks in advance.
Talk to Andrew Barker at BK, he’s the guy that started TruTrak. I have one coming for my 182, and @simtech put one in his Cherokee 180

Kevin I tried to post a picture but it will not let me says I do not have 5 post yet. figure 4-11 of the installation manual what they call hole#4 is a small hole on my plane, similar to holes 1 & 2 in the diagram.

Here are two pictures, from front of the right wing looking aft.
unnamed.jpg

The servo hole is aft of the backpack sitting on the wing.

the image below is looking up at the wing. You can see the strut fairing upper right. The two access panels are just in front of the aileron.

unnamed (1).jpg

small cover on mine in that location

I am going to try to post a picture after this. It makes five post so hopefully it will let me.

no luck on the picture. Thgis is what it says when I try to post.
We require users to have more than 5 posts in order to include links in posts. This is used to prevent spam.

That access panel is in the correct place, but does appear to be smaller. There must be some variations on planes as built by Cessna, as TruTrak approved the AP for the F model.

I think that if you are are going to put the AP in you are going to have to get larger access plates and enlarge the holes, after making sure that there isn't something different in the wing which would preclude this.

I personally would do this and sign off (or not) as a minor mod. Other A&P/IAs might not. It might even be something the hangar fairy would do.

I believe you are absolutely right. Probably will sign off with simple logbook enty.

If anyone is reading this thread, I mounted the servo in the wing in a 172-E and like the F it has the small access hole. I had to remove the electrical box from the servo feed it in the larger hole and down the wing through the lightening holes and reassemble the electrical box back on the servo while in the wing. It was a bugger but doable. Where there’s a will there’s a way.

Back