Is Crazed Pilot a Scam?

Pro tip: Don't work for a company full of Brits. :)
I work with several, and it will never stop bothering me. Even if they are technically right, it's still wrong. Oh so wrong.

If the Brits see two or more man-made flying objects, do they say aircraft or aircrafts?

Ugh, so that is how it is creeping into American English...

So if a flight of two hits more than one deer on the runway, "the aircrafts hit the deers?"
Getting old does have one advantage… maybe I’ll be dead before that becomes common.

As a Brit, I prefer to call it "mathematic" and upset everyone.

why would that bother anyone?

(asked by someone with an undergrad in Applied Mathematics)

Calling a company a "scam" publicly on the internet when clearly they aren't is outrageous in my opinion. I don't know what communication happened between client and vendor but long delivery times are pretty common these days. Order mix ups happen. If something or someone is a scam, that should be called out but honestly, from what I've seen in OP's post, I don't know how he could even think they are a scam (I mean, their products are available and in stock at Aircraft Spruce). Then going on a public forum calling them out by name with the word scam attached to it, that can hurt them in SEO and overall reputation management for years to come. People need to chill a bit, honestly.

Just to clarify, I am in no way associated with the company, other than owning two headsets I'm happy with. I ordered mine through Aircraft Spruce and they arrived within a week.

Some comments said that retailers don't charge your card until they ship. I'm sure some operate that way, but most don't at least from my experience.

- I ordered new carpet for the plane from a well known, reputable company specialized in aircraft interiors and their waiting time was over six weeks. I was charged the day I ordered, not the day it was shipped.

- I ordered several interior plastic parts from a reputable company specialized in interior plastics. One of the parts took eight weeks but I was charged the day I ordered.

For the carpet order, I knew it was going to take that long. For the plastic part, I didn't know as the parts were listed as "in stock" but clearly weren't. Was I mad at the supplier? Hell yes. Did I complain to them? You bet. Did I run around on the internet calling them a scam? No, because I clearly knew they weren't a scam and at the end of the day, I got all parts I ordered and I'm happy with them.

Long rant, but this stuff triggers me. I have my own business and I consult 20 other businesses on things like growth, marketing, reputation management, etc. and know how hard it is to build something from the ground up and how damaging one comment like this can be, how much it costs to put counter measures in place to "bury" or "hide" those kind of comments. It just sucks, especially if it's not justified. Calling a company out for bad customer care? Sure, why not? Especially on dedicated review boards on Google, Trustpilot, etc. That's what these pages are there for. Calling a company a "scam" on a public forum because the order was delayed four weeks? Come on!

He asked if they were a scam, he didn't say they were a scam.

The comms were clearly of such poor quality that he did not know whether they were legitimate or not, and came here to ask before doing a chargeback. That's where the outrage belongs imo.

The alternative play here would be to just chargeback and move on with his life.

Sell your services to crazed pilot, he clearly needs help.

He asked if they were a scam, he didn't say they were a scam.

The comms were clearly of such poor quality that he did not know whether they were legitimate or not, and came here to ask before doing a chargeback. That's where the outrage belongs imo.

The alternative play here would be to just chargeback and move on with his life.

Sell your services to crazed pilot, he clearly needs help.

As I said, I don't know what communication has happened so I can't comment on that. OP says communications was bad. The company said they communicated but client didn't respond. It's a "he said, she said" kind of situation. In my company, 90% of our communication is automated and I know we communicate with our clients a lot throughout the delivery of our service. Yet, some say they didn't receive communications, get mad and it gets to my desk. I kid you not, in every single one of the cases it's a matter of the client not having whitelisted our domain, and didn't check their spam folder (company emails often land in spam folders if not whitelisted by the client) or wrong email addresses entered in the order form, wrong phone number supplied, etc.

Again, I don't want to defend the company in regards to their level of customer care. I never dealt with them as I bought my products through Aircraft Spruce. They claim they communicated, client says they did not. Who knows what is the case here.

But, asking the question the way OP asked it is already damaging to the company in my opinion, especially if this thread starts bubbling to the first page of Google for their brand name. "What is your experience with Company?" , "Has anyone bought headsets from this Company?" "Slow communication from this Company." All of these would be more appropriate headers for a thread like this. OP asked if they're a "scam", fully knowing that they aren't if he had done one ounce of research about them. Again, their products are on different, well known, reputable aviation retailers and they have reviews on these sites. It would take OP literally two minutes to figure out that they aren't a scam.

To your last point, there are many companies that could make use of my help but the day only has 24 hours and I have to squeeze flying into those 24 hours somehow ;-)

Ugh, so that is how it is creeping into American English...

So if a flight of two hits more than one deer on the runway, "the aircrafts hit the deers?"

jCyE3xnrNQcVzo3oZQcpR9-1200-80.jpg

Wow I didn't see all these comment, since my last post before this. Unfortunately it seems like the quality of the comments is not improving... But I would like to clarify a few things.

1. Yes my card was charged at the time a checked out on their website. As is normal for most small companies. Normally they use payment gateways that do not allow them to delay the charge till they ship.

2. My first complaint was that nowhere on the website, nor in any email was I told the items I ordered was out of stock, and when to expect them. My other job involves importing items from China, and had I been told that, a mistake was made they sold items that are out of stock....and there next order was on the way from China, I would have understood.

3. My second complaint, and why I used the "scam" word was when tracking on the return showed it was delivered, yet I received an email claiming they had not received the return.

4. Perhaps I over reacted, in starting this thread. I'm a small business owner myself, and know how hard business can be at times. But isn't it also interesting that my right order was shipped shortly after posting my frustrations in a public place where it might be seen by potential customers?

As far as the quality of the headsets. I feel they are an excellent value, they were exactly as I expected. I have a light speed as my primary headset, which is probably better....but then I paid 4 times as much for it...

Normally I do not make purchases on a website that does not list phone numbers or complete contact information. However a certain youtuber had the owner on a live-stream, and after looking at their headsets it seemed to be an excellent value, and I decided to purchase 2 to be used as passenger headsets. It took them about 40 days to ship my order. Each time I would email them they would eventually reply with a new excuse, and tell me to wait a few more days. Alas when the order arrived they had shipped the incorrect item. Per their instructions I mailed the incorrect items back to them. Tracking number shows it was delivered about a week ago. However they claim they have not received the package yet... Apparently they will not ship the correct item till they have that back...

Is this a small company that needs to just be given a few more days of grace.... or should I contact my credit card company and see if they are able to give me a refund?
Has he a Nigerian prince?

Ok... so this thread made me look at the Crazed Pilot website.

I have a pair of Lightspeed headsets for my wife and me, and that's usually only who's in the plane. But since I do have six seats, I figured I should pick up a couple other pairs in case I can convince anyone else to tempt fate and fly with me.

I ordered two headsets from Crazed on August 17th. They shipped on August 18th and arrived to my house on August 20th.

I just now got home from a trip and was able to check them out (just visually, I haven't used them in the plane yet). They look about what I would expect for the price point (not a bad thing). My only critique so far (without actually using them) is that on the battery box, there's a switch for Stereo/Mono, but it's not labeled, so I have no idea which direction is the Stereo side and which is Mono. Actually, I'm assuming that's what the switch is for, since it's not labeled at all.

Maybe @CRAZEDpilot can shed some light on that for me.

But overall, without actually using the headsets, I'm happy with my purchase.

Ok... so this thread made me look at the Crazed Pilot website.

I have a pair of Lightspeed headsets for my wife and me, and that's usually only who's in the plane. But since I do have six seats, I figured I should pick up a couple other pairs in case I can convince anyone else to tempt fate and fly with me.

I ordered two headsets from Crazed on August 17th. They shipped on August 18th and arrived to my house on August 20th.

I just now got home from a trip and was able to check them out (just visually, I haven't used them in the plane yet). They look about what I would expect for the price point (not a bad thing). My only critique so far (without actually using them) is that on the battery box, there's a switch for Stereo/Mono, but it's not labeled, so I have no idea which direction is the Stereo side and which is Mono. Actually, I'm assuming that's what the switch is for, since it's not labeled at all.

Maybe @CRAZEDpilot can shed some light on that for me.

But overall, without actually using the headsets, I'm happy with my purchase.
If it is stereo/mono, it will be easy to tell when you plug it into your avionics.

EFD749D9-2ED4-4077-86B6-4306942E5C81.jpeg Reminds me of the old www.thesquawkshoppe.com.
Always claimed to be hacked as the reason for delays , head sets were average at best, if I remember correctly he built them in a shed

did custom paint job on the cups etc

Last edited:
View attachment 109949 Reminds me of the old www.thesquawkshoppe.com.
Always claimed to be hacked as the reason for delays , head sets were average at best, if I remember correctly he built them in a shed

did custom paint job on the cups etc

and if I recall, screwed some people out of money. unless I’m thinking of someone else but that name rings a bell.

Took me over a year to the the door hinge I ordered from him.

Don't feel bad. I've been waiting 5 months on a pair of safety wire pliers from a "reputable" company.
that does not matter because you will still be waiting another 6 months to get the oil filters you want to safety wire!

Back