Copperhead Snake Bite with Overnight Hospital Stay

M

MrGreenThumb

So I was bitten in my leg by a copperhead and went to the hospital where they applied anti-venom. I had to stay overnight for monitoring, as that’s their policy. How will this affect my medical?

can't answer the question except to guess that you'll report your stay at your next medical and that'll be it.... assuming no lingering ailments of course.

So you said overnight because of policy...so you didn't feel like you needed it? that's good news. So how was that experience?
I almost stepped on one of those once....even closer a couple times to cotton mouth and rattlers. I have a healthy respect of those buggers....but I understand that often it's not too bad.

can't answer the question except to guess that you'll report your stay at your next medical and that'll be it.... assuming no lingering ailments of course.

So you said overnight because of policy...so you didn't feel like you needed it? that's good news. So how was that experience?
I almost stepped on one of those once....even closer a couple times to cotton mouth and rattlers. I have a healthy respect of those buggers....but I understand that often it's not too bad.
It won't. : )

This 2-year-old girl bit the head off a snake after it bit her!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/two-year-old-girl-takes-27732658
0_PAY-Newsflash-ShockingEvent-03.jpg

Last edited:
Quote, from local who was bitten by a rattlesnake, when urged to seek medical care:

“Dont be nuts, it’s just a snake bite - everyone’s had one of those!”

(he was fine, it was his response that amuses, years later)

Much better than sorting out the use of head meds. I go easy on most snakes, if a copperhead, no. I killed one in MO years ago, with a stick.

Ever heard the "wives' tale" that a snake killed won't actually die till the sun goes down?

Back in college my friends and I killed a copper head with some golf clubs. Pounded the head off with a 4 iron and disposed of it....the head I mean, not the 4 iron. I decided I would take the rest home, skin it, and tan the hide....I have no idea why really....
So a few ours later I'm skinning this dead snake, maybe half done with the front half of the snake peeled back...and I have the thing laying on the ground, tail to me, neck pointed away...I I touched it's side....
That snake ripped around fast as anything and struck me hard in the wrist! I feel sure that if that thing still had the head attached I'd have been bitten! Still creeps me out 30+ years later

Ever heard the "wives' tale" that a snake killed won't actually die till the sun goes down?

Back in college my friends and I killed a copper head with some golf clubs. Pounded the head off with a 4 iron and disposed of it....the head I mean, not the 4 iron. I decided I would take the rest home, skin it, and tan the hide....I have no idea why really....
So a few ours later I'm skinning this dead snake, maybe half done with the front half of the snake peeled back...and I have the thing laying on the ground, tail to me, neck pointed away...I I touched it's side....
That snake ripped around fast as anything and struck me hard in the wrist! I feel sure that if that thing still had the head attached I'd have been bitten! Still creeps me out 30+ years later
https://www.thequint.com/neon/socia...ng-bitten-by-snake-he-beheaded-20-minutes-ago

How will this affect my medical?

If you're fully recovered now, I'm guessing it will cause your AME to raise his or her eyebrows briefly, possibly write or type something into a document, and then issue the medical like you're used to.

Should’ve been flown…could’ve died. ;)

So I was bitten in my leg by a copperhead and went to the hospital where they applied anti-venom. I had to stay overnight for monitoring, as that’s their policy. How will this affect my medical?

Why do you think this would affect your medical? Did it cause something permanent that affects your flying ability?

You're now in a good place should this happen to you....

R.31824e982ced7e8cb02e8c979b996e9e

Attachments

• upload_2022-8-17_14-57-6.png
    upload_2022-8-17_14-57-6.png
    382.2 KB · Views: 66
  • upload_2022-8-17_14-57-6.png
    upload_2022-8-17_14-57-6.png
    382.2 KB · Views: 60
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back