Southeast peeps, 8/21 SCBC @ Triple Tree

Fall baseball. My Saturdays are pretty much shot until... Uhh. When are they supposed to move out of the house?

Surprisingly, there's a plane available, so I'm in. Which means we'll have weather...

Club prevents grass landings... even though Triple Tree Grass is better than some pavement rwy's....

I'll be in Destin getting it ready :D

Friday->Sat looks bad, but Sunday morning is looking up.

if it truly is that bad for a coupl'a days prior, I most likely wouldn't want to fly in there even if it's nice on sunday. ain't gonna chance landing on a wet/muddy grass strip in the mooneh. but we'll see...

Rain expected the next few days and advance forecasts say rain on Sunday. Not good for a grass field.

I swear this isn’t my fault.

Is there a rain date?

Is there a rain date?

"The South Carolina Breakfast Club has been a treasured tradition since 1938 so we're all systems go rain or shine!"

also I asked for a runway condition report, they said they'd update in the morning, although I'd like to get one now but hey, what canya do?

"The South Carolina Breakfast Club has been a treasured tradition since 1938 so we're all systems go rain or shine!"

also I asked for a runway condition report, they said they'd update in the morning, although I'd like to get one now but hey, what canya do?

Thanks. Next year for sure.
Plane's still down, may be able to make the September event before Arkanstol.

Convective sigmet and predicted thunderstorms until 8am. Unless something changes quickly, I'm out.

Last edited:
So, did anyone make it? I suspect it was easier from the south, not having to fly through storms to get there.

Back