That will buff right out

ouch, somebody had a bad day.

I wonder...something like that.... if it happens at an airport where the airline doesn't have a major maintenance facility, how long will that thing be grounded till they can get supplies, parts, and people rounded up for a fix?

ouch, somebody had a bad day.

I wonder...something like that.... if it happens at an airport where the airline doesn't have a major maintenance facility, how long will that thing be grounded till they can get supplies, parts, and people rounded up for a fix?

Maybe a week or two at most, depending on parts and staff availability. When we have an airliner that needs repairs, we can have a crew here within 2-3 hours to assess the repair needed. We've had plans repaired in hours and on their way. Or at least able to be ferried to a repair center for a permanent fix.

Not the first time ,where were the wing walkers ?

Lately, wing walkers seem to be looking at everything except for the wings.

wondering when the lawsuits will be filed from those who were traumatized?

I have often wondered where we stand if a WW directs us to taxi into another airplane.
Ideally we are eyes on the one in front and trust him/her complete and they cause us to avoid obstacles.
In the real world we are PIC and responsible for everything that happens.
So for me, I am double-checking everything they direct (although it can be difficult to see everything).
But I wonder really who gets the blame (legally; ie FAA’s view, and the insurance Co)

Last edited:
I have often wondered where we stand if a WW directs into another airplane.
Ideally we are eyes on the one in front and trust him/her complete and they cause us to avoid obstacles.
In the real world we are PIC and responsible for everything that happens.
So for me, I am double-checking everything they direct (although it can be difficult to see everything).
But I wonder really who gets the blame (legally; ie FAA’s view, and the insurance Co)

I would hold the tug driver ultimately responsible while towing.

(emphasis added) I was with you right up until this point.

Nauga,
who trusts but verifies

i am guessing you would probably be with me even further if you had read either the sentence after that one, or my use of the word “ideally” in the sentence you quote!

Last edited:
Back