pirep requested - N35 - Punxsutawney, PA.

Rgbeard

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
rgbeard
I'm planning a trip to the great NorthEast in something less than a year.

The closest airport to my gathering is N35, and my local relatives are all saying what a wonderful airport it is - but I'm looking at it - and t'ain't much there.

Can someone enlighten me if I'm missing out? Looks to me as if it's a great airport for the locals, perhaps, and that's about it. I don't see even one spot for transient parking.

I have landed there but used a friend’s hangar. I don’t recall any FBO or transient parking, just a strong crosswind and downhill landing.

It's got 2 runways, a non-precision approach, and a 4 degree glide slope, and that's all I remember from a landing there 10(ish) years ago.

Ask Phil; he's lives at the library.

Last edited:
I heard he started a stamp collecting club. Better join soon, lest you be a Johnny come philately.

Whoa… that’s GOOD! Bravo!

or in the infamous words of Ned Ryerson,

“oh, I got that! (Weird cat meow)”

I guess the airport has to be better than the town. It's nothing like in the movie.

I hear there's a loudspeaker blasting Sonny and Cher's I Got You Babe. And tons of groundhog holes in the grass.

I hear there's a loudspeaker blasting Sonny and Cher's I Got You Babe. And tons of groundhog holes in the grass.
I was just joking when I made that post but this is the real remarks section..
BIRDS; DEER & WOODCHUCK ON & INVOF ARPT.

I have family there and had my plane based at N35 for about a year. It’s a sleepy little airport. 3000 foot runway in good shape, self-serve 100 LL. No FBO, just a lounge with a restroom that’s always open. Plenty of free transient parking on the ramp.

Back