Terrible mental health history.

P

pilot21412

I'm 16 years old. Due to my mental health and criminal history, I'm not even going to ask about a 3rd class. Hopefully I can fly (at least in the US). If not, luckily I got visas and some foreign citizenship, where this isn't known.

1. Can I fly under BasicMed without applying for a 3rd class medical?
2. What are the limitations of flying without BasicMed, if it's allowed?
3. What the laws surrounding ultralights like gyrocopters?
4. Is there any affordable way to get a gyrocopter?
5. Does the FAA access juvenile criminal records?
And anything else you got to say..

1. No.
2. You can fly under sport pilot, provided you can satisfy 61.53(b).
3. Neither ultralights nor gliders (including motor gliders) require a medical.

4. Probably not, but other types of ultralights can a lot more affordable on the used market.
5. Depending on what it is, you may be required to disclose it on the medical application under penalty of perjury.

A "yes" to most of these questions is a problem:

upload_2022-8-10_20-8-7.png

4. Is there any affordable way to get a gyrocopter?
5. Does the FAA access juvenile criminal records?
And anything else you got to say..

Depending on what is contained in “5.”, the answer to “4.” might be to steal one!

Nothing else to say….

You can become a Sport Pilot without a medical IF you have a driver’s license. Do you?

Even with Sport Pilot, you’re not allowed to fly if you have a medical condition that makes you unfit, and many mental health issues can make you unfit.

Specifics are important. What sort of mental health issues and criminal history? If you’re homicidal and have a criminal history of violence, you should forget flying.

I'm not going to answer your questions but I will say that if you think that countries don't share information, I recommend researching the concept of inadmissibility. Unless you're planning on flying in North Korea, don't automatically assume that another country can't find out your criminal history.

(1) NO
(2) NO
(3) Good luck findIng one. Dusting the last prez era of Int’l Noncooperation, several Canadian designs stalled getting ASTM Certification.
(4) aviation is generally Not affordable.
(5) misleading an agency of the US Federal administration is a felony. Then you’ll forever be unemployable.

…..of course if one omits, lies and steals…..well google “barefoot bandit”. This generally doesn’t work out so well……

We flew our Learjet into Vancouver BC for some custom fuel/wing repair they did. Customs asked us all about criminal history and we all said......no, none.

Then they grabbed our mechanic and deported him!

Seems like he got busted with a joint as a teenager 25 years earlier. So.......US/Canada cooperate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back