Andover Flight School

Jim F

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jim
I have been trying, without success, to contact Andover Flight School at Andover Aeroflex airport in New Jersey. I am hoping to schedule tail wheel instruction and a checkout.

Any information on how to contact them and whether or not they still are in operation would be helpful.

Thanks

They are still open — I did my cfi spin cert with them a few weeks ago. The owner Damien DelGazio is incredibly busy. I usually have no tolerance for poor customer service — but I’d make an exception in his case. He’s a black-belt/ninja level pilot, and a genuinely nice guy.

While doing the ground portion of our flight, his office phone rang every couple of minutes, with each leaving him a message asking for training.

My advice, leave a few patient voicemails. He will get back to you. FYI: try early in the AM. I usually could catch him around 8am.

They are still open — I did my cfi spin cert with them a few weeks ago. The owner Damien DelGazio is incredibly busy. I usually have no tolerance for poor customer service — but I’d make an exception in his case. He’s a black-belt/ninja level pilot, and a genuinely nice guy.

While doing the ground portion of our flight, his office phone rang every couple of minutes, with each leaving him a message asking for training.

My advice, leave a few patient voicemails. He will get back to you. FYI: try early in the AM. I usually could catch him around 8am.

Thanks, I will keep trying.

Same experience with me, I called about 3 times and no answer, after leaving a message he called me back.

Anybody know what the deal is with the grass runway at Andover? The airport listing says "PARALLEL TURF RWY RESTRICTED USE ONLY." I'm planning a fuel stop there in my Hatz this weekend.

My guess based off the quote you just gave, when I was training there in 2020 we landed the cub on the grass runway and the runway, the grass runway was located on the opposite side from the hangars right next to the runway. Anyways I'm guessing the airport manager has restricted it to airport tenants only or its a seasonal thing but thats all I know

Anybody know what the deal is with the grass runway at Andover? The airport listing says "PARALLEL TURF RWY RESTRICTED USE ONLY." I'm planning a fuel stop there in my Hatz this weekend.
AF/D says "...Parallel turf rwy restricted use only. No touch and go ldgs..."
Airport manager phone is 973-786-5100

I have been trying, without success, to contact Andover Flight School at Andover Aeroflex airport in New Jersey. I am hoping to schedule tail wheel instruction and a checkout.

Any information on how to contact them and whether or not they still are in operation would be helpful.

Thanks

When you’re the student, you’ll be glad he doesn’t answer the phone while he’s teaching. Just leave a message.

Never met him but his Tailwheel: 101 CD was a great primer for me before I went to get my endorsement.

Back