Oil is down 18% in the last 30 days. When will it be reflected in avgas pricing?

Do you think FBOs are price gouging?

• Total voters
My FBO is on a tank that’s priced at the same level as it was last year. They won’t raise the prices until a new tank comes in. I will support these guys forever as a result.
How big is the tank? How much fuel do they sell? When was the last time they had to buy a load?

Are y'all seeing any relief yet? I bought a tank of 87 octane E10 for $3.59 yesterday, and the predominant price now is $3.89, which is 70 cents less than the peak. On the other hand, 90 octane E0 is still $6.29 at the marina.

Avg here is 4.20 with high of 4.61 and low of 3.79 in the county.

FBO came down a bit but is still higher than Signature and almost a buck more than @Huckster79 home base.

I was told gas is going down at the airport I teach at. Truck comes in this next week.

Gas prices dropping just in time for my 22 hour solo drive from Chicago to Northern New Mexico. Still gonna sting when the f150 gets 7mpg for the trip.

I work in the industry. Currently the physical price for the barrel is stronger than the financial market, about a $4-$5 premium. Global demand is robust, growing rapidly, and will surpass pre-covid levels by Q3 or Q4 this year. Absent a recession, crude oil price will remain underpinned with higher prices likely. The physical market always wins. Everything you touch begins with a barrel of crude. Good luck finding cheap 100LL which is considered a boutique fuel by refiners. In simple terms, refineries are focused on what we call the 3-2-1 crack spread. Put in 3 bbls of crude, yields 2 bbls of motor gas and 1 bbl of distillate. That crack traded $40 for July and was as high as $60 just a few weeks ago. Simple logic tells you that domestic refineries are going all out. In fact they are with utilization rates above 94%. 100LL rarely gets batched on their slate.

Hey guys, I have been trying to get the avgas prices over the last 12 years for my school research, but all the results I found have prices for the years 2015 to 2020 missing. Any reason why? And any good source to get this info? Regards.

The AOPA actually answer the phone. You could call them and see if they could direct you to a source.

So far retail gasoline is dropping as expected (see my earlier post from July). It should keep going down to around $3.80 at these prices but I took the word "should" out of my vocabulary a decade ago. RBOB has been testing a bottom so we will see where it goes from here. Locally I have gas stations now below $4/gal.

upload_2022-8-9_12-32-9.png

Local (central FL) gas here is $3.65 today. Haven't checked on local avgas yet.

87 unleaded is down to $3.20 here.
Avgas still 7+ :rolleyes:

Ours will be $7 for a while because they have to sell the tank without taking a loss. I haven't been in the air enough (at all) to help burn it off.
Unfortunately/fortunately I'm very actively participating in liquidating the current inventory :confused:

Someone need to overlay the price rise curves showing the lag for the AVGAS prices going up versus the mogas prices.

You mean gaseating, or aerating, right?
:cool: I suppose technically since it's a liquid already I'm vaporizing the current inventory into carbon dioxide, water, and fun.

Someone need to overlay the price rise curves showing the lag for the AVGAS prices going up versus the mogas prices.
The inventory doesn't turn fast enough for you to derive meaningful data....in my opinion.

Back