Diagnosis codes

• Thread starter Private pilot Jean
  • Start date
P

Private pilot Jean

Couple years ago I went to my PCP for an annual exam to get a viral exam on my thyroid as I was suspecting thyroid issues, I got a thyroid exam and everything came back good. I remember telling my pcp that I felt insomnia, fatigue and that I probably had a vitamin d deficiency and that is why I wanted to check my thyroid health. Few months back I requested the medical files from that visit and noticed that the doctor noted on the diagnosis SNOMED-ct code fatigue, insomnia and vitamin d deficiency. Will the FAA make an issue on these diagnosis? I am perfectly fine and have none of those issues anymore. My next medical is coming up and I will have to put down that visit in section 19 (visits to health professionals last 3years) I’m just worried that the FAA will see those diagnosis codes.

Insomnia may be an issue that requires a detailed note on the diagnosis. I went through that a few years ago as there was an entry in my medical records about insomnia. Ended up being certified in office.

IIRC, the encounter note captured it as a reactive episode and not indicative of a sleep disorder.

@bbchien helped with that.

Insomnia may be an issue that requires a detailed note on the diagnosis. I went through that a few years ago as there was an entry in my medical records about insomnia. Ended up being certified in office.

IIRC, the encounter note captured it as a reactive episode and not indicative of a sleep disorder.

@bbchien helped with that.
Yeah, I just had another one go through that. Retired airline, didn't report Trazodone for sleep, got revoked, it turned out it was for casual use for his part 121 schedule and could have been certififed. Went to a psychiatrist for the "all no" evlauation and got him issued on the phone.

Yeah, I just had another one go through that. Retired airline, didn't report Trazodone for sleep, got revoked, it turned out it was for casual use for his part 121 schedule and could have been certififed. Went to a psychiatrist for the "all no" evlauation and got him issued on the phone.
Hi doctor chien, since I was never prescribed any medications at all for insomnia or fatigue during that visit will the FAA still question those diagnosis?

Hi doctor chien, since I was never prescribed any medications at all for insomnia or fatigue during that visit will the FAA still question those diagnosis?

The best way to engage with Dr Bruce is via his webpage.

http://www.aeromedicaldoc.com/how-to-start.html

Any supporting documentation you already have is worth it’s weight in gold and if there’s a fee from him, it’s going to be extremely reasonable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back