Clowns In Town ...

Not to defend Mickey but that TFR only goes to 3000 AGL.

Yes, and the bravo starts at 4000 on the east side of it. A VFR flight for sightseeing can only overfly at 3500 on an eastward course. No VFR altitude available west bound.

So it’s even more useless from a security perspective. Just regulatory capture for corporate purposes (or personal in the case of the P areas over Kennebunkport or Crawford)

The corporate purpose was Disney stopping banner advertising over the park.

It was one shoe if I remember correctly, and he dodged it like a pro. Unfortunately I think our new guy would have taken that right off the noggin.

The vid is on U-toobe if ya wanna confirm but guy threw both shoes, one after the other. George ducked them both ...

Why can't we make them take a bus? It worked for John Madden. And it's more environmentally friendly. Plus, the more time they have on the road, the less time they have to disappoint us.

Where I grew up, the politicians referred to the voters as the clowns in town....

Also back then when you bought a politician, he stayed bought.!! :lol::lol:

(small town political joke)

it was the whole pair homeys, one of my top 10 meme by use on here :D
200.gif

I've always wondered about the wisdom of publishing the EXACT location of the protectee on the WORLD WIDE web.
Well, his public schedule is already public, and they don't put up TFRs when he's someplace no one knows he is.

With the advent of ADS-B out now required, planes are more easily tracked than ever before. I know we have to protect these folks (and I'm really OK with that) but blocking up airspace 30 miles away for a small plane that makes a 100 knots on a good day and is easily identified by it's transponder and ADS-B data just seems to me to be overkill and oppressive.

Surely this effects flight schools and others trying to make a living but even the casual flyer is being deprived of their right to "the pursuit of happiness." :dunno:

With the advent of ADS-B out now required, planes are more easily tracked than ever before. I know we have to protect these folks (and I'm really OK with that) but blocking up airspace 30 miles away for a small plane that makes a 100 knots on a good day and is easily identified by it's transponder and ADS-B data just seems to me to be overkill and oppressive.

Surely this effects flight schools and others trying to make a living but even the casual flyer is being deprived of their right to "the pursuit of happiness." :dunno:

Assumes facts not in evidence.

What about the planes that go faster than that? And the casual flyer can fly, he just needs to be on a fight plan, talk to ATC, and not loiter. Commercial ops are more affected.

Didn't mean to imply that I have all or any of the answers ... just asking a few questions. I know there are ways to mitigate the effects but it seems that the new technology we have been given should be employed to give relief to us little people.

Where I grew up, the politicians referred to the voters as the clowns in town....

Also back then when you bought a politician, he stayed bought.!! :lol::lol:

(small town political joke)
The flip side to that would be 'when you con a voter, they stay conned'

seems like "clowns is town" could be interpreted as trash talk too...you asked for it.

Ok, the people of Delaware has to put up with Biden at Rehoboth. The difference is Trump clogged Florida up about every weekend especially in winter. The TFR you are complaining about is not even comparable.

this (pretty much this entire thread) should have been included in the first world problems thread...

So it’s even more useless from a security perspective. Just regulatory capture for corporate purposes (or personal in the case of the P areas over Kennebunkport or Crawford)

The 2 "TFRs" over the mouse house (Florida and California) have nothing to do with "security" and everything to do with stopping banner towers from flying over the parks to get their client's message across to the people on the ground. They should never have been granted by congress.

The 2 "TFRs" over the mouse house (Florida and California) have nothing to do with "security" and everything to do with stopping banner towers from flying over the parks to get their client's message across to the people on the ground. They should never have been granted by congress.

well, to be fair, none of the TFRs actually provide security....

:mad:

Maybe it was the Knotts Berry Farm banners that were pizzen em off

Ok, the people of Delaware has to put up with Biden at Rehoboth.

And don’t forget Wilmington, Delaware. The POTUS TFR alternates weekends. When lil Joey goes to Rehoboth it’s usually a TFR from Dover AFB to the beach, then Dover drops.

Those aren't TFRs; they're PFRs. :(

Maybe it was the Knotts Berry Farm banners that were pizzen em off

Back during my college days I worked at the Florida Disney park over my breaks, mixing sound for live bands. At the time, there was a popular night spot in downtown Orlando called Church Street Station, with a couple of great taverns like Rosie O'Grady's and the Cheyenne Saloon. http://snowandassociates.us/css.htm

Joe Kittinger (yes, Col. Joe) had an interest in the operation and did sky writing and banner towing to promote it. Disney World had its own evening entertainment area, called Downtown Disney, at Lake Buena Vista, and in 1989, Disney opened Pleasure Island there in direct competition to Church Street Station. They used all means to stop airborne advertising from their competitors. I think at one time they were keeping their airspace closed using the fireworks displays to justify it, but my memory is a bit fuzzy on that point.

Disney won the battle, and Church Street Station closed sometime in the early 90s. I guess they lost the war, though, as Pleasure Island closed down, too, a decade or so later.

The name "Pleasure Island" was a bit of a joke on patrons, few of whom understood it. In the Disney cartoon Pinocchio, Pleasure Island is where the naughty children go and become jackasses. So the clubs were where Disney customers went to make asses of themselves.

ah, yes...thanks for the reminder of some memories Half Fast!
The training cross country I took while working on my instrument rating was to ORL (from JGG), and it included a stop at Church Street Station during the stopover stay in Orlando. Good times there...not sure which saloon though....

In that link, the last picture on the page, bottom right...is that Col. Joe Kittinger holding the flag? I read his biography a long time back...interesting story....

Yes, I think that’s Joe but I couldn’t swear to it.

I recall having dinner one evening at the 94th Aero Squadron restaurant that was at KORL and watching Joe taking off and landing in Rosie’s biplane. Great memories, and I miss those places.

Back