Clowns In Town ...

Daleandee

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dale Andee
Seems to me it would be easier to protect the "better than the rest of us bunch" by not blasting their future whereabouts all over the world and disrupting the lives of us "little people."

upload_2022-8-8_8-32-45.jpeg

seems like "clowns is town" could be interpreted as trash talk too...you asked for it.

Nope ... unless you interpret it that way. I see all the elite as clowns. That's my point. It's not about any political affiliation, it's about all those that get special protection that the rest of us don't get and specifically why I said "better than the rest of us bunch" ...

It is a week dude, the little people in Florida...

And NJ. The aviation community is hit hard by these; it's a major inconvenience for us weekend flyers, and causes real financial hardship for those who make a living from aviation. That the impacted population usually changes every 4 or 8 years doesn't alleviate the damage done. I'm not convinced the TFRs do much more than give an illusion of security.

And NJ. The aviation community is hit hard by these; it's a major inconvenience for us weekend flyers, and causes real financial hardship for those who make a living from aviation. That the impacted population usually changes every 4 or 8 years doesn't alleviate the damage done. I'm not convinced the TFRs do much more than give an illusion of security.

I understand the problem for flight schools and that problem needs to be addressed. Weekend flyers not so much.

They do nothing for security. They do make sure we know who’s in charge.

Unfortunately TFR's are here to stay. Anything that provides an illusion of safety never gets reversed. Kind of like signs on buildings or events that say "no weapons allowed". The only person that protects is the one intending to bring a weapon in.

I'd sorta like to see signs that were more specific, like "Mass murder not allowed on these premises." I'm sure that would put a stop to the problem and make people feel much safer.

I'm not a lawyer, but I know from experience I couldn't press charges against a trespasser because a no trespassing sign wasn't posted. I imagine it's the same sort of thing no guns allowed signs.

I'm not a lawyer, but I know from experience I couldn't press charges against a trespasser because a no trespassing sign wasn't posted. I imagine it's the same sort of thing no guns allowed signs.

Not sure if this is actually true but I've been told that entering a building with a firearm without a permit is a misdemeanor offense but if you have a carry permit and take the firearm in it is a felony. The reasoning is that as a permit holder you would (or should) know the laws and what the signage means. Again, don't know the truth of this ...

Maybe, but still a bit pointless. If a trespasser is merely walking across your property you might not be able to charge him with trespass, but you don't need a sign to be able to charge him if he enters your home without permission. Similarly, you don't need a "No weapons" sign to charge him if he shoots someone.

The laws vary state to state. Here in Florida, "No guns" signs have about the same legal weight as a "No beverages" sign. If a "No guns" sign is posted at a business, the proprietor can order you to leave if he sees your gun, and if you don't promptly depart he can have you charged with armed trespass. But that's about the extent of it. If he doesn't order you to leave, then he's consented to your presence.

Other states are more harsh about it.

But IANAL, and the thread seems to have drifted a bit....

Maybe we could replace the TFRs with NOTAMS that say something like, "Assassinations and murders conducted using aircraft are prohibited in a region centered on XXXX and YYYY and extending outward for a radius of ZZ miles."

I've always wondered about the wisdom of publishing the EXACT location of the protectee on the WORLD WIDE web.

Not sure if this is actually true but I've been told that entering a building with a firearm without a permit is a misdemeanor offense but if you have a carry permit and take the firearm in it is a felony. The reasoning is that as a permit holder you would (or should) know the laws and what the signage means. Again, don't know the truth of this ...

My state doesn't require a permit for a concealed weapon, thank goodness.

Not true in Florida. But the laws vary a LOT from one state to another.

I've always wondered about the wisdom of publishing the EXACT location of the protectee on the WORLD WIDE web.

Yep ... and doing so a few days in advance. If some idiot were thinking of doing something stupid they'd have a few days to plan it or hopefully realize their plan is gonna get them killed.

That's going to depend on the state. From our concealed class in Michigan it was stated that if you carry onto/into a place that's not prohibited by law (Michigan has like 6 or 7 specific places besides Federal buildings), but has a sign that says "no weapons/firearms" and they find out you do have one, they can ask you to leave. No crime committed. If you DON'T leave when they ask, now they can have you trespassed.

How do other countries handle VIP TFRs? I've no idea, but I'm sure some on this board can comment.

Does restricted airspace 'travel' with the big guy/gal in other countries? How much airspace is typically restricted? Is it publicized in advance?

How do other countries handle VIP TFRs? I've no idea, but I'm sure some on this board can comment.

Does restricted airspace 'travel' with the big guy/gal in other countries? How much airspace is typically restricted? Is it publicized in advance?

Good question. You would think if Skyvector publishes worldwide WX and sigmets, they would also publish airspace restrictions, which they don't appear to.

My state doesn't require a permit for a concealed weapon, thank goodness.

You know when that law became official? The day I spent all that money and got my concealed weapon permit. ;)

That’s okay though, I get reciprocity in other states which is nice.

It is a week dude, the little people in Florida had to put up with Trump for 4 years.

Talk that trash somewhere else. I wasn't being political so you don't need to be ...

That's not political, the TFR annoyance continues regardless of who's in office, only the location changes. Regardless of my political leanings, I'm glad that the NJ Trump TFRs which covered my frequent NY destination are a thing of the past.

movies_feature1-1.jpg

Maybe 2024 will see the Aladeen golden hummer procession replacing the boring old limos.

Today's secret word is "Unabashed"

i have been within 30 feet of the Sultan of Oman with no security check of me. There are no TFRs there that I am aware of.

I remember when one of our "esteemed leaders" was overseas & had some shoes thrown at him ...

I will never vote for a presidential candidate from my home state.
Great point....and it brings a shuddering thought. Lots of talk about Gov Desantis running...and he from not too far at all from me. I'd be sure to be under one of those targets a lot! yikes!

Not to defend Mickey but that TFR only goes to 3000 AGL.

So it’s even more useless from a security perspective. Just regulatory capture for corporate purposes (or personal in the case of the P areas over Kennebunkport or Crawford)

Back